IPMS AMPSEAST 2012

docf225

Scale Model Pyrate
Some shots from the opening day of IPMS AMPS EAST in Danbury CT

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l586/docf225/Model%20Shots/IMG_4503.jpg[/IMG

[ATTACH=full]33770[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]33771[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]33772[/ATTACH]

More tomorrow as I get them

Doc

LOL...just a bit familiar MJ!! Thanks for starting this off Doc!! I know I had a great time!!! Meeting with old friends as well as the new ones!!! Not too often Scott comes down from the great white North so that was extra special!! Here a few more shots of the show:

AMPSEastShowPics022.jpg

AMPSEastShowPics035.jpg

AMPSEastShowPics037.jpg

AMPSEastShowPics052.jpg

Scott with Ken Abrams...

AMPSEastShowPics033.jpg

Iain Hamilton from AK Interactive USA. He did put on a full seminar earlier in the show, but ended up having little shows right in the vending room!

AMPSEastShowPics043.jpg

Here he was showing a live tutorial on using the Dunkelgelb Modulation set to an eager audience!!

AMPSEastShowPics044.jpg

AMPSEastShowPics038.jpg

Panzerman75 (Phil.....aka, uncle Phil) was able to attend with his young son.

AMPSEastShowPics040.jpg

Here is a nice blurry shot of Pete (modelfreak72) trying to take a picture of me...sneaky man!! ;D Pete came down with his son Tyler (Modenut4) Great times hangin' out shooting the proverbial S**T!!

AMPSEastShowPics060.jpg

Ken held his own "how to" class on using dust effects....

AMPSEastShowPics056.jpg

A little Armor Farm on the Scene!! Great looking stuff fellas!!!

AMPSEastShowPics013.jpg

AMPSEastShowPics012.jpg

AMPSEastShowPics014.jpg

I picked up a few items myself and can't wait to dig in to them....I will review what I picked up soon, so keep your eyes open!!

Some room was set aside for the soon to be released Scale Model Addict Magazine. Definite winner here I think!! Got the chance to thumb through and see all the goodness up close!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

AMPSEastShowPics006.jpg

Now some of the entrants.....

AMPSEastShowPics061.jpg

AMPSEastShowPics064.jpg

AMPSEastShowPics066.jpg

AMPSEastShowPics071.jpg

AMPSEastShowPics069.jpg

AMPSEastShowPics081.jpg

AMPSEastShowPics092.jpg

Eric Rains (errains) discussing techniques with Mr. Abrams..

AMPSEastShowPics090.jpg

Eric's piece....

AMPSEastShowPics095.jpg

AMPSEastShowPics102.jpg

AMPSEastShowPics105.jpg

AMPSEastShowPics112.jpg

AMPSEastShowPics114.jpg

AMPSEastShowPics115.jpg

AMPSEastShowPics111.jpg

AMPSEastShowPics119.jpg

AMPSEastShowPics136.jpg

AMPSEastShowPics135.jpg

AMPSEastShowPics139.jpg

AMPSEastShowPics138.jpg

AMPSEastShowPics143.jpg

AMPSEastShowPics149.jpg

AMPSEastShowPics150.jpg

AMPSEastShowPics148.jpg

AMPSEastShowPics154.jpg

;D

StashandawardsAMPS003.jpg

StashandawardsAMPS006.jpg

Congrats out to Eric for a nice Gong for him as well!!! Well done Sir!!!

Thanks for checking these out guys!! ;)

Great pics, I just wanted to say it was a pleasure putting a face to some of you guys out there in SMA land. Great contest and I had a lot of fun!

Rob Witt

Thanks spud!!! ;)

Rob, Great to meet you!! Looking forward to hanging out at many more shows in the future!! These are turning out to be less of "show" or "event" but more of a great gathering of friends!!! ;)

What a great weekend! ;D

To all of those from SMA who made it to the show (there were far too many for me to name at the moment as I've not quite recovered all my wits as of yet) I would just like to say how great it was to meet and talk to all of you. We had some great laughs and great conversations.

It was a huge success for AK Interactive and both ArmorFarm and SMA Magazine, thanks again to everyone who supported us this past weekend.

Scott is most likely still on the road and will probably need to catch up on the sleep we neglected for the last three nights. There is more news on the way about the magazine and the show but it may take a couple days to get sorted and posted.

'Till then, happy modeling.

oh yeah...

TRM said:

I'm gonna blame it on that Bacon flavored Vodka. :-X

LOL...it does have a way on creeping up on ya!!! BACON FLAOVRED VODKA....nothing else needs to be said!!! :eek: :eek: Glad I stuck with Goose!! Good times all around!! Even better getting to hang with Scott, you and Iain!!!

One highlight was the cops running into the hotel with the M4's...LOL!!! Now we have a party going on!! ;)

FYI....a great link to a bunch of photos of the show by Marcin Sokolowski he posted on Armorama: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v251/Marcin_S/IPMS%20AMPS%20East%202012/?albumview=slideshow

Looks like you had a great time guys, and well done on the award T! Lol Ken, who didn't book the hotel then!?

Congrats on the awards, Todd. Nice images too. Wish I could go to US for a show someday...when the visa regulations would be easier maybe :)

Thanks MJ and Biz!! It was a good time!! Let us know when you can make it Roman!!! We will have ken pic up some Bacon infused vodka and some M4's and it will be a party!! ;)

An awesome weekend. Awesome.

Thank you! to everyone who supported both SMA MAGAZINE and Armor Farm. I hope to have a video up in the next 48...

Thanks for posting the photos! It's great for those who couldn't be there.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a good selection of sci-fi/fantasy pieces and figures (with some cross-over between those categories).

Hey everyone! Scott it was great to meet you and Ken at the show! Looking forward to next years show, hopefully we'll have more time sit and talk! Got some pics of the show!
Here's a shot of me taking a shot of Todd taking a shot of me!
Next is Scott all smiles!
And Ken taking a nap after a long day!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Right back at you. Man it was overwhelming...so cool to meet you and so many SMAers.

Latest posts

Back