Interest in MFGB - Banners on page one

Will you participate in a MF Group Build?

• Yes!

Votes: 42 80.8%
  • No.

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters
Re: Interest in Millennium Falcon Group Build

Quaralane said:
Solander said:
Maybe I'm understanding something wrong, but the FM Falcon comes with the gunwells included. Just checked mine - they are in place.
The question was about aftermarket kits for them, actually, Solander.
As to that, IIRC, there aren't any Aftermarket kits for the FM gunwells.
(Not that I think they're really needed)
I was referring to detailed (possibly tapered) gunwells. I realize that there is a hectagonal box that comes with it, but I wanted to light up some panels. Or even decals

I see.
The only thing that I'm aware of is here: http://yumen.chicappa.jp/ModelersBible/
download the pdf file "1/144 Millennium Falcon(PDF:38.6MB)"
There on the page 199 You will find a template for the gunwells walls. It might be in a little low rez, but if I'm not mistaken they were prepared for the 1/72 scale when this guy was building it prior 1/144
What You would need next is to simply print it on decal sheet (You would require a decal paper of coarse, but if it is not an option - there are companies which offer custom decals printing)
To light the gunwells I'd recommend simply to place an LED behind the gunners chair. The window is so small and covered with the gun itself, so I think that if You use fiber optics right in the wall's panels all the detalization You've achieved with decals would be invisible.
Well, that's my idea. I'm planning to do following steps for my FM MF, but on this group build I'm going to build the cutaway one from AMT. So can't say for sure, how that would all work.
Hope these would help You. Good luck ;)

Dumdidum...only two and a half weeks left :))))

Solander said:
I see.
The only thing that I'm aware of is here: http://yumen.chicappa.jp/ModelersBible/
download the pdf file "1/144 Millennium Falcon(PDF:38.6MB)"
There on the page 199 You will find a template for the gunwells walls. It might be in a little low rez, but if I'm not mistaken they were prepared for the 1/72 scale when this guy was building it prior 1/144
What You would need next is to simply print it on decal sheet (You would require a decal paper of coarse, but if it is not an option - there are companies which offer custom decals printing)
To light the gunwells I'd recommend simply to place an LED behind the gunners chair. The window is so small and covered with the gun itself, so I think that if You use fiber optics right in the wall's panels all the detalization You've achieved with decals would be invisible.
Well, that's my idea. I'm planning to do following steps for my FM MF, but on this group build I'm going to build the cutaway one from AMT. So can't say for sure, how that would all work.
Hope these would help You. Good luck ;)

AWESOME FIND MY FRIEND !!!

Thank god for Gov. Printers.... LOL with that document we all can make a great looking kit !

Thanks again !

Norm.

SWEET. I'm in. I just got my AMT Millennium Falcon Deluxe Cutaway in the mail from ebay, I can't wait to get started. :D

as an aside, is it possible to even GET the blue moon sidewall kit anywhere?

After I finish my current back log, I'd like to do an Amt falcon

Gotta just keep an eye on the SSM store. They are usually out of stock...maybe preorder and you'll get one when they cast more.

Scott Girvan said:
Gotta just keep an eye on the SSM store. They are usually out of stock...maybe preorder and you'll get one when they cast more.

I have had a pre order in for over a year now. So I can't say for sure that will help.

austin132010 said:
no. not at all. but I am a real big star wars fan.

Any tips?

Yep, have fun!! I think you might find yourself wanting to do more sci-fi (Star Wars) once you try it.

Definitely agree with the "have fun" part.

And don't worry about not being able to get all of the "fancy" stuff for your build.
There are ways to make that kit shine, even straight OOB

Quaralane said:
Definitely agree with the "have fun" part.

And don't worry about not being able to get all of the "fancy" stuff for your build.
There are ways to make that kit shine, even straight OOB
fumblethumbs said:
austin132010 said:
no. not at all. but I am a real big star wars fan.

Any tips?

Yep, have fun!! I think you might find yourself wanting to do more sci-fi (Star Wars) once you try it.

Thanks guys! I think I'm going to build it strait out of box. Although, may try to light the headlights and control panels with a couple of LED's and fiber optics. 8)

Can certainly work, Austin.
I look forward to seeing it

And I will be doing a lighting tutorial, just to make that a bit easier.

Quaralane said:
...There are ways to make that kit shine, even straight OOB
Quaralane speaks more prophetically than he may realize!
Ad_SMA2011Falconers_v2.jpg

Keep this between us here at SMA (for now)!
It may well be a first in model building history!
Modeler's Brand is gonna have, not just an SMA Exclusive, but a Falconer's-Only Delight!
Details to come!
Stand by...

Interesting...will they be available for the 1/144 fm model?

merseajohn said:
Interesting...will they be available for the 1/144 fm model?

You just might squeeze them in with "a few special modifications you make yourself".

More details this weekend!

Latest posts

Back