Information on kits etc...

TiM

Hi all,

I didn't know where to ask this so I put it here...

Is there an oracle of sorts where I can look up when kits were produced, what kind of quality / detail etc, and which ones are the best?

Coming from a background of wargames figures, in particular GWs warhammer40k, I knew what I was looking at... and which model ranges had been through more than 1 generation and what were the best.

in terms of scale models, I found out after the fact by accident that my Group build model, Tamiya's 1025 Humvee is a more recent model that has better detail than a previous one they produced and I had struch lucky with a random purchase ;D

I have already succumbed to e-bay as I said elsewhere, what I don't want to do is buy a poor model because I don't know what I'm getting... :-[

TiM said:
Hi all,

I didn't know where to ask this so I put it here...

Is there an oracle of sorts where I can look up when kits were produced, what kind of quality / detail etc, and which ones are the best?

Coming from a background of wargames figures, in particular GWs warhammer40k, I knew what I was looking at... and which model ranges had been through more than 1 generation and what were the best.

in terms of scale models, I found out after the fact by accident that my Group build model, Tamiya's 1025 Humvee is a more recent model that has better detail than a previous one they produced and I had struch lucky with a random purchase ;D

I have already succumbed to e-bay as I said elsewhere, what I don't want to do is buy a poor model because I don't know what I'm getting... :-[

Hmmm... it's a bit tough to find on "oracle" lol But try Hyperscale.com. they have a huge gallery and reviews section. That best advice is just to ask about a particular model and people will chime in. ElmCityHobbies have the ups on industry stuff so you can always ask him. That's who I usually ask when I want to know if a particular kit is good or not.

I would try posting here on the SMA Forum and just ask everyone what they think/may have heard about a given kit.

So is fantastic Plastic. They have a listing of older kits with photos, but I don't know if they do anything other than Sci Fi. and Space.

www.towerhobbies.com they are awesome! i got the FW-190A-8 the M-26 Pershing, and the FW-190D9 and figurines are going to come from there!

of course....
elmcityhobbies has a tun of info, i really want to order some stuff from them some time!

Latest posts

Back