Info and Q&A about the Gundam Group Build

OK boss :D

Now, just have to make up my mind... Damn, that's hard ! :)

ok total noob question here, do you guys use glue when you put these things together ?

not really. the kits are designed to not use any glue. Often these kits are built, broke down for painting, then built again so usually people don't glue them. But i do glue some parts if im trying to hide the seems

I plan on using glue on mine. I put together the feet last night and they were creeky without glue. Glue snuggled down the seams and it feels very solid now.

The only thing I would watch for is to make sure you don't glue it up if you are going to take it apart again and paint.

I usually loosen many of the pegs to be able to take it apart without breaking everything and those will be glued when I put it together again, besides gluing the seams shut.

I glue everything except that which cannot be for reasons of articulation. While most of the frictions fits are "permanent", I bore many of them so as to be able to test fit and take apart. Some connections need glue if they are to stay put. Anything with as seam to be filled should be glue (else you will have problems later). Its pretty intuitive as you got what you will want and/or need to glue.

Join away, and if you want to let others decide what to build, just post a thread with your kits. Others have done this in the chit chat section.

Is it too late to jump in. I have a few but have never really finished one. This would help me out quite a bit.
Thanks
Steve

Latest posts

Back