Industria Mechanika Orbship

Thanks mate!

Dark Kyp said:
really nivce job! :)

Thanks CD! I'm going to post instructions on how I did the lights. I didn't use a lighting kit of just an led and a battery. I used a microcontroller and an RGB led. So I can write some simple C/C++ and have that light do whatever I want in whatever colours I want (just be on, flash warning alarms, et. al.). It's super simple and significantly cheaper than hobby lighting kits. So, I wanted to share the build for the lighting as well. How to wire stuff up and some code examples you can copy/paste into it.

Cave_Dweller said:
Sweet finish on that, unttld. Love the led lighting and the stripes.

unttld said:
Thanks mate!

Dark Kyp said:
really nivce job! :)

Thanks CD! I'm going to post instructions on how I did the lights. I didn't use a lighting kit of just an led and a battery. I used a microcontroller and an RGB led. So I can write some simple C/C++ and have that light do whatever I want in whatever colours I want (just be on, flash warning alarms, et. al.). It's super simple and significantly cheaper than hobby lighting kits. So, I wanted to share the build for the lighting as well. How to wire stuff up and some code examples you can copy/paste into it.

Cave_Dweller said:
Sweet finish on that, unttld. Love the led lighting and the stripes.

I'd be very interested to see that. I've done some led work before, mainly on computer mod lighting. But I've never worked with fiber optics and circuits like you just described. Fantastic ship you've done here. I love it!

I'd love to see the programming of the LEDs myself... I've been thinking of getting into those boards... I heard about the UNO it's really a mini-size Arduino board right? Would love to see what kind of things I can make with those things. They are in everything today and the boards are pretty cheap now too right?

The Uno is the standard size board. It's about the size of a credit card. Super easy to work with. And the LEDs that I'm working with are intensely bright surface mount components. So you can get a 2mm x 2mm full RGB LED into almost any space. Run/hide the wires out to somewhere else, and write some very simple yet powerful code to create a wide variety of different light effects. (ship lights, weather effects [lightning], et. al.).

I'm currently at a conference, but when I get back I'll get some wiring diagrams and code online for everyone who wants it to take and use. My code is your code. :)

LrdSatyr8 said:
I'd love to see the programming of the LEDs myself... I've been thinking of getting into those boards... I heard about the UNO it's really a mini-size Arduino board right? Would love to see what kind of things I can make with those things. They are in everything today and the boards are pretty cheap now too right?

Cave_Dweller said:
I'd be very interested to see that. I've done some led work before, mainly on computer mod lighting. But I've never worked with fiber optics and circuits like you just described. Fantastic ship you've done here. I love it!

Thanks guys. :)

java said:
Excellent work,top job. ;D

nicholassagan said:
god that's a lovely thing...i love the green and blue cycles especially....

Latest posts

Back