In-Box: Evolution Miniatures - Stalker Beginning - 54mm

Biskup

Stalker01.jpg
In 2007, new game was released in to the market its name was Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl. Although it is set in Chernobyl and its surroundings, it is very much relates to the book written by Arkady and Boris Strugatsky "Roadside Picnic" in 1972, which was filmed in 1979. The game turned out to be a world-wide success and because of that additional two parts were made. With the dark scenery and climate, it also accounted for some companies to appeal to modeling, which gave figures modeled after the game. One such company is Evolution Miniatures, which offers two figurines inspired by the game; both are in 54mm scale.

Since I am a big fan of the game and Chernobyl with its surroundings fascinate me I wanted to do a small scene set in such realities for a long time.

Stalker Beginning figure released by Evolution Miniatures is perfect for my planned scene. I bought it without much thought in Bytom in this year's competition.

Stalker02.jpg
Stalker03.jpg
Stalker04.jpg
The kit consists of two parts cast in resin - entire figure and the left arm with a shotgun. Figure is very nicely sculpted – it has a lot of details. It is noteworthy that the material is very thinly carved on this figure thus adding realism. Very nice are all the folds and collapse of the clothes, another thing is that texture of its individual elements differ from each other.

Although it is a simple figure it is worthy of attention not only the fans of the game, but also fans of S-F themes.

Latest posts

Back