Imperial Tie fighter

thank you all there is so little room inside the model that I had to come up with something to get everything lit up

I'd think even the Emperor would be pleased with your results. Love it.

By the by, I got the FM 1/72 TIE for cheap recently, and it didn't have those odd wing lines you found. If you ever fine a reference image confirming those, I'd love to see it. Cheers, and good luck.

Thanks everyone!

Unreality said:
I'd think even the Emperor would be pleased with your results. Love it.

By the by, I got the FM 1/72 TIE for cheap recently, and it didn't have those odd wing lines you found. If you ever fine a reference image confirming those, I'd love to see it. Cheers, and good luck.

I have looked and looked and I can't find it. But I also can't find reference photos that show the laser cannons that they used on the models either. I can find two or three different reference photos for the laser cannons that are all different from each other.

So I really do think that both Fine Molds and AMT used the same model for reference, and that model might have had the lines on it. This might be in someones private collection that they lease out for just that purpose.

Also the 1/72 might be too small of a scale to put those lines in. But again, it could also be a just a common mistake, don't really know.

Awesome work. That is one of the best tie fighters I've seen. What was your color again? I know it was Amiya rattle can. The color is spot on

CTspeedshop said:
Another great build John. Bravo Sir!!!

Thanks all!

noc5659 said:
Awesome work. That is one of the best tie fighters I've seen. What was your color again? I know it was Amiya rattle can. The color is spot on

For the color, I used Alclad blue grey primer, and then Tamiya light grey over the top. No rattle can. I kept the layer of light grey really thin so that the bluish color of the primer would come through. It did exactly as I wanted.

I am going to start updating this again with the missing build logs. Here is the first one:

http://youtu.be/bS33OyJQ3dc

Latest posts

Back