I'm back

Juststu82

Hi,

I used to paint models when I was younger up until about ten years ago. I stopped around when I met my wife but not because of her. At that point I had just purchased my first vinyl model, robocop, so I could try something new. I was never crash hot and I had only used brushes with varied results. No I am thirty and I have decided to return. I still have plenty of unfinished and not even started kits including the robocop which is still in a bag unwashed. I just purchased a cheap compressor on ebay with a tank and I'm going to return and start using an airbrush for the first time ever. I'm very keen. I also want to start making diorama displays so I have been checking out some great youtube channels on that. The compressor should arrive this week and then I'm going to get a cheap duel action to see how I go. I figure if I like it and it works well, then I will spend more on them. I have a couple of cheap suction single action sets that came with canned air so this weekend I might crack out some scrap paper and have a play with them and the compressor. Really excited to be back.

Here is my collection that I repacked into a box the other day:
B17, DeLorean from BTTF III, a couple of corsairs (I love them), a couple of cars on the right which will probably be my learning to airbrush models. One needs to be cleaned and restarted. I sued pine-o-clean to strip the paint of one previously.
models.jpg

Ferris828 said:
He's back and already has a stash! Lovin' it! Welcome Back!

Its about ten years worth of collection. Actually the De Lorean is about 16 years old, I have never had the balls to start it as it is my favourite and I didn't want to stuff it up. Hopefully I can gain confidence with the airbrush and finally get it going. I would like to create a proper diorama stand for it too as the box one is rippled plastic and a couple of plastic train tracks.

Latest posts

Back