im back boys, its been way too long.

13aceofspades13

lets kick some tires and lights some fires!
and this time i think i am here to stay, not much i can do but i can give it a shot, i need to land somewhere anyways and this is my home...

while i was gone i have been through some life, life as in some pritty hard stuff..

you guys remember that blue buick century i was so happy and proud to get, well... some lady in a SUV smashed into the side of that and totaled it, then i got another buick, this time a regal, and for some reason, the engine decides too spin a rod bearing, now i am forced to do a engine swap, best part is i have been laid off from my job for over a month and am having a hard time finding another. currently watching my grandpas place, might as well set up shop in my old scale modeling room just like back in the day when i was building hundreds of scale model airplanes that still liter my sealing back at my parents house... get my mind off of life, have a little fun, fixing cars sadly isn't so fun anymore, ive done it too much.

my Hellcat build is not going anywhere, a few parts got lost during the hectict move out of MCTI, what a disapointment, and when i got home, all the airbrush parts where scattered everywhere, stuff lying on top of my stash, most of my model kits i brought there came back in peaces with a exception of my Tamiya 1/32 scale P-51D Mustang kit which is now at home safe and sound on the shelf, already had the antenna busted off... not to happy about that, lost the Atom Fusion pilot figure on the move back home, it was a mess... my friends made some suggestive shapes and figures with some... of the Aves apoxie sculpt, but that is collage for you...

what did i miss boys and gals?

WOW :eek: patrick, you have 6,000 posts, i have some serious catching up to do.

for now i rest my tired eyes, hopefully i can get some sleep tonight, see you boys in the morning, then i will reveal my next builds... if i have the stuff too build them, lol.

Welcome back Dude. Good to have you back. Hope everything works out for you and start getting better soon. Ive had a pretty crappy week myself but we need to kick it in and keep moving forward. Things will work themself out my friend.

cant live in the negative, though it seems i can't catch a brake, we cant live in the negative...

Welcome back! And yes trying to live in the negative will only drive you nuts, so don't. Think positive and you will be much happier!

hay John, man you have a lot of posts too.

i remember i used to be right up there with you guys.... got a lot of catching up to do around here, it feels good to be here, sort of a very homely enviroment, maybe some scale modeling will help me get my mind off life :)

anyhow i have been thinking about my upcoming attempt builds, kinda excited, kinda wondering how im going to go about it.

It's good you have an outlet...it'll get better bro. I've been in the dumps too lately. Build and build, then build some more.

Tbadger, sorry to hear your in the dumps lately, hope things turn around for you and get better real soon. If you need a friend to talk to Im here for you man. Us Keystone Staters need to stick together :)

Ace, I'm gonna be the adult naysayer here. You need to be on top of finding any work, not just as a mechanic. You can't build models if you have no cash, car, or home. Apply at at every place you come to everyday. And apply with a temp service too. I'm on year 4 of not doing what I did excellently, and having to do what I dislike. Adapt or die as they say. But everyday, I keep trying for more. It's work trying to find decent work.
The builds and games come after you do all that.
As to the airbrush, put it back together. They're not hard to figure out how to reassemble.Broken parts can get reglued and patched up. Organize up and then get back in the swing. You'll start feeling better then.

13aceofspades13 said:
when i got home, all the airbrush parts where scattered everywhere, stuff lying on top of my stash, most of my model kits i brought there came back in peaces with a exception of my Tamiya 1/32 scale P-51D Mustang kit which is now at home safe and sound on the shelf, already had the antenna busted off... not to happy about that, lost the Atom Fusion pilot figure on the move back home, it was a mess... my friends made some suggestive shapes and figures with some... of the Aves apoxie sculpt, but that is collage for you...

Ace, what brand and model of Airbrush do you have that is scattered in pieces ? Im sure you could goto the Manufacturers website and get a diagram of the airbrush you have to see how to reassemble the Airbrush.

hooterville75 said:
13aceofspades13 said:
when i got home, all the airbrush parts where scattered everywhere, stuff lying on top of my stash, most of my model kits i brought there came back in peaces with a exception of my Tamiya 1/32 scale P-51D Mustang kit which is now at home safe and sound on the shelf, already had the antenna busted off... not to happy about that, lost the Atom Fusion pilot figure on the move back home, it was a mess... my friends made some suggestive shapes and figures with some... of the Aves apoxie sculpt, but that is collage for you...

Ace, what brand and model of Airbrush do you have that is scattered in pieces ? Im sure you could goto the Manufacturers website and get a diagram of the airbrush you have to see how to reassemble the Airbrush.

parts are missing, probably lost too the arcaic ages..

Gundamhead said:
Ace, I'm gonna be the adult naysayer here. You need to be on top of finding any work, not just as a mechanic. You can't build models if you have no cash, car, or home. Apply at at every place you come to everyday. And apply with a temp service too. I'm on year 4 of not doing what I did excellently, and having to do what I dislike. Adapt or die as they say. But everyday, I keep trying for more. It's work trying to find decent work.
The builds and games come after you do all that.
As to the airbrush, put it back together. They're not hard to figure out how to reassemble.Broken parts can get reglued and patched up. Organize up and then get back in the swing. You'll start feeling better then.

dont worry, dont plan on spending any money, i have already considered fast food i just need to get some internet i can fill out a application with i can barely get on here with this stupid internet. already also going too apply at a lumber place too.

well boys, i may have found a job, but im not getting my hopes up, a lumber yard that is hiring, i have plenty of skill handling wood, don't take it the wrong way :p

but as for my car, things aren't getting any better, my grandpa has agreed to help me pay for a engine, but he is not looking for anything reasonable, he is looking for some miracle bargian as he always does, an engine ideally that costs no more than 350 400 bucks is what he wants, issue is these engines are usually junk when sold at that price, or have had coolant in the crank case eat the main bearings (which is probably what happened to my engine some time in its life) a engine that has any life in it costs about 600-700 bucks and that is a engine with about 100,000 miles on it, and he is not willing too fork over that much, so i am sitting here spinning tires, i know i can find a usable safe engine that's worth putting in my car, but not for the price he wants, in the end i will probably find nothing before he comes back from vacation, and he will go searching in scrap yards for something he things he is getting some sort of deal on, some mistery meat engine. "whats the history of this engine?" "i dont know its 200 bucks!" "ooh bargian!" i know its looking a gift horse in the mouth, but i feel really irritated that i have to pick a crap engine beacuse life keeps handing me bad hands to deal with, i really don't feel like putting another mistery engine in my car that could likely do the same thing down the road...

ace be appreciative that hes willing to help at all bro. Bone yards in our area offer engines for 200-300 all the time. Theres a place called Harrys U Pull it in Hazleton, PA that has some brand new vehicles in there yard that got smashed up in a accident with perfect engines in em. Just because the engine is gotten from a bone yard doesnt mean its junk. Sure you have to pull the engine out of the vehicle but hey for $200-300 Ill hire a mechanic and give him a hundred or two to come with me and tear it out for me.

Always remember where theres a will theres a way. Youll be fine in the long run just keep plugging forward and see what happens. Around here you can get a completely rebuilt engine for $700-$800. Where are you again I forget ? I have a friend that owns a bone yard perhaps I can help in someway. If not, bone yards have hotlines that go from state to state that he may be able to find you something reasonable near you. Always willing to help anyone in anyway if I have the resources and means to do it.

hooterville75 said:
ace be appreciative that hes willing to help at all bro. Bone yards in our area offer engines for 200-300 all the time. Theres a place called Harrys U Pull it in Hazleton, PA that has some brand new vehicles in there yard that got smashed up in a accident with perfect engines in em. Just because the engine is gotten from a bone yard doesnt mean its junk. Sure you have to pull the engine out of the vehicle but hey for $200-300 Ill hire a mechanic and give him a hundred or two to come with me and tear it out for me.

Always remember where theres a will theres a way. Youll be fine in the long run just keep plugging forward and see what happens. Around here you can get a completely rebuilt engine for $700-$800. Where are you again I forget ? I have a friend that owns a bone yard perhaps I can help in someway. If not, bone yards have hotlines that go from state to state that he may be able to find you something reasonable near you. Always willing to help anyone in anyway if I have the resources and means to do it.

where i am from, central western Michigan... right now i am at my grandpas place in Woodland, 700-800 for a re built engine!? well holy cow man, 200-300 for a good one? not here... i really wish! they are asking 650-700 for a 3800 with about 100,000 miles on it everywhere i go, re built engines start to go past the 1,000-1500 dollar mark, yes i am very thankful he is willing to help trust me, but what i am worried about is the fact my grandfather tends to be so froogle and sometimes simply does not understand that he isn't saving himself anything... he tends to live in the 1960s when you could jerry rig things together and get away with it, back when engines where carby and all mechanical, he tells me stories about how he had put a different engine in his buick when it blew or when my grandmas V6 cutlass supreme kept burning oil, instead of taking it back too the dealer he puts a junkyard 350 Rocket in it! this makes sense beacuse? i can see him now getting a 3100 for my car instead of a 3800 beacuse it was much cheaper and then it not going too his head that now we have to re wire the car... we have to get a PCM that will work with the 3100 and the different transmission and buy the time we are done we might as well have had someone ells do it, its not the old days with mechanical fuel pumps and carbureted fuel metering... he doesn't understand that, and he is also the type of person that won't listen too what you say unless its something you want too hear, so i can tell him all day long, it needs to be a 3800 series II naturally asperated engine, and if its going to be any worth at all it will be best having less than a 150,000 miles on it and had no major coolant leakage in the crank case in its life or i will be right back where i started. and ROOOOOM right over his head, he wont listen too reason beacuse its not his way, he wants to pull the engine from the 300 dollar clunker car that we have no idea what its history is beacuse its cheaper.

here is a example, to save money on brake rotors for the blue car he got some from a used car parts place rather than getting new, called GOGO auto parts, when he got them they where all rusted too crap "but hay its a bargian." so what does he do? takes a grinder too them to get the rust off, then wonders why the brake pedal is pulsing... gee wiz what could it be? at the time i was a student at MCTI so i could machine the rotors for him for free, the car pulls into the shop and the rotors come off and everyone laughs there butts off when they see all the grinder scuffs all over the rotors.. well there is your problem good sir....

this is my worry, i will spend all day peeing in circles trying to get an engine into my car and start it up and the engine is just junk... or drive it a bit and the engine dies just like the last one, starting back up all over again with intake manifold coolant leaks and leaky rocker covers, all the stuff i have already fixed on my current car, just a whole other fricking mess beacuse we have to save five bucks and in the end once you put in the extra time and money too get it too work, you didn't save a darn penny, in fact you have lost money.

i have learned this the hard way, and i have seen it myself many times, someone wants to save a penny, end in the process ends up spending more and wasting more time if they woulda just spent a little more on the nicer deal.

if i had the money i would just get a jasper rebuilt engine and trans, and never.. have to deal with this again unless some freak accedent happened, but then you are looking at a WHOLE lot of money.

welp, not scale modeling, :( my scale modeling stuff is scattered all over, the bedroom looks like the luftwaffe came through and bombed the place, cloths piled up knee high, i wasn't about to dig through the piles of my brothers cloths and junk too get all my scale modeling stuff organized, yay... :)

you know i bet buy now it sounds like im having a pitty party, but i am just getting sick of this, every time i turn around, there is one issue after another that i didn't cause, but i have to suck it up and bite the bullet beacuse life sucks. :p

Latest posts

Back