Idea for next year - Christmas - Wounded Warrior Project

hooterville75

Hey guys. I was just setting here thinking of a way we as a forum could give in 2013. I was thinking something along the lines of a Toys for Tots for the Wounded Warrior Project. For those of you that arn't familiar with the Wounded Warrior Project (WWP the rest of the post), the WWP has a mission thats simple. To Honor and Empower Wounded Warriors of our servicemen and servicewomen that have been wounded in Combat while serving in the Military.

Its a great organization and here are my thoughts as an idea for next years 2013 Christmas. We could have a Toy's for Tots for the children of a Wounded Warrior. Each member of the forum that chooses to participate can build and donate as many kits as they choose to donate to give to a child of a Wounded Warrior.

I know its a long shot but its a idea and suggestion to kick around for next year. I am all about charity and giving to the needy in time of need. I know alot of other forum members from Scale Model Addict feel the same way so I was thinking this would be a great way to give as well as get the Scale Model Addict name out there with hopes of drawing even more people into the Hobby.

What do you guys think ? Thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A lot of the American posters will side with this idea, but there would have to be an option for our foreign brethren considering some of their warfighters are in just as bad of shape but don't have extensive public charity programs like we do.

I think organizing a donation would be sufficient, or finding something that's removed from everyone's personal country. Perhaps donating to some clean water programs in Africa or other countries racked by war or famine. There are a ton of options out there....

In summation, great idea. We just have to find gauge who else is on board and with what project!

Totally agree, I don't know what to call it but wasn't thinking outside the country. Totally agree about including the entire world. My idea of the Wounded Warrior Project wasn't brought up out of ignorance or disrespect, I just I guess you would call it overlooked thinking outside the country it was a idea that just popped into my head and with having a friend that's going through a rough time right now worrying about supplying his children with a good christmas after being wounded in Iraq this immediately popped into my head. I didn't mean just including the USA out of disrespect to any other country so please don't think I did. Hope you can understand my mumble jumble. Hope everyone outside the US understands.

in Ireland we have the government that help them self's......

but a great idea over all, i Agree with badger on supporting the less fortunate and a drop of clean water would go a long way

Latest posts

Back