IBEX T-6A Texan II 1/48 *FINISHED*

austin132010

Well here it is guys! I just finished my T-6A Texan II. Sorry I couldn't do a build on it :'(, but I was/am trying to keep it a secret from my dad who I built it for. The reason I made it for him is because he is retiring from the U.S. Air Force this Friday, June 15. So I thought he would love a model of the T-6A Texan II, which he currently flies as an instructor pilot. The model itself is from the squadron he was in when we were based in Randolph AFB. And, YES, he did actually fly this exact plane.

So without further ado, here it is:

IMG_6076.jpg

IMG_6077.jpg

IMG_6431.jpg

IMG_6432.jpg

IMG_6433.jpg

IMG_6434.jpg

IMG_6435.jpg

IMG_6437.jpg

IMG_6438.jpg

IMG_6439.jpg

IMG_6440.jpg

IMG_6441.jpg

IMG_6442.jpg

IMG_6443.jpg

IMG_6445.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Austin

Nicely done! Great story and great model you've completed there. As a Dad I know how cool it is to get a gift from your kids...and this holds a really special meaning.

Bravo.

Scott Girvan said:
Nicely done! Great story and great model you've completed there. As a Dad I know how cool it is to get a gift from your kids...and this holds a really special meaning.

Bravo.

Thanks, it means a lot. 8)

Thats a Superb finish Austin and a great & thoughtful thing to do ,Im sure your Dad will be very happy with it and proud ;) ...well done .

Chris.

austin that is great work. Your Pop will be thrilled as I would. Excellent base and satins on the tarmac to boot. Outstanding. I'm going to have to start a new hobby if you keep cranking out work like this.

Excellent gift Austin - both the idea and the model execution is of the utmost quality. Your dad will love this so much! ;D

I love the subject, the Texan II is a gorgeous aircraft (reminds me of the Tucano and the PZL-130, but I digress). And the finish is really great!

Great job Austin. :)

I think he'll be totally blown away by that gift. Especially considering how much thought and time you invested into building it for him.

Chris S said:
Thats a Superb finish Austin and a great & thoughtful thing to do ,Im sure your Dad will be very happy with it and proud ;) ...well done .

Chris.

Glorfindel said:
austin that is great work. Your Pop will be thrilled as I would. Excellent base and satins on the tarmac to boot. Outstanding. I'm going to have to start a new hobby if you keep cranking out work like this.

Fruit said:
Excellent gift Austin - both the idea and the model execution is of the utmost quality. Your dad will love this so much! ;D

I love the subject, the Texan II is a gorgeous aircraft (reminds me of the Tucano and the PZL-130, but I digress). And the finish is really great!

JMac said:
Great job Austin. :)

I think he'll be totally blown away by that gift. Especially considering how much thought and time you invested into building it for him.

Wow. :D Thanks guys, it means a lot! :)

Austin,

Not only are you a thoughtful young man but that is a beautiful build! I don't know what else to say.

Latest posts

Back