I have a Plum Crazy Kenworth truck in the works.

t_tail_boy

Same paint scheme as the Boeing 727 and Bell 205 helicopter I haveamt tractor kit.jpgdecal location template forums.jpg planned. I'm staring the AMT Kenworth W-925 tractor-trailer truck first. There is also a Wilson cattle trailer to go with the tractor. wilson cow trailer.jpg

I've been wanting to build a big rig hauler for display purposes. Keep us up on the build. I wouldn't mind seeing what comes in the box for one of these.

I've been wanting to build a big rig hauler for display purposes. Keep us up on the build. I wouldn't mind seeing what comes in the box for one of these.

Here is a couple photos of the 300+ parts inside the kit box. Lots of chrome-plated ones. This is no kiddie model. I now have the cab and hood almost ready for painting. Hobby sanding films are a must as is a hobby knife to trim all the flash and lightly sand the surfaces for even paint adhesion. I will wear surgical gloves will handling the model during the build to keep fingerprints off. Be careful not to sand the rivets off the body. A very light scuff with fine grit to prepare for paint will do. I use rubbing alcohol to clean surfaces before painting. I also have been spending many hours drafting images for custom decals. I will order a master decal sheet for several custom models to same money on printing cost. This truck tractor model has a sliding fifth-wheel and the hood comes up to show the engine detail. The cab doors don't open but there is a detailed cab interior. Sleeper or day cab is optional.

DSCN0274[1].JPGDSCN0275[1].JPGDSCN0276[1].JPGDSCN0277[1].JPG

I like liquid Testors cement and not that gooey messy airplane glue in tubes. A wooden tooth pick is handy for gluing or touch painting small parts or you can use the brush attached to the cap.

Last edited:
Would a primer be an alternative choice for the kit, or is sanding your preferred method?
Would Tamiya Extra Thin or Mr. Cement work?

Looking forward to this build. :)

Latest posts

Back