I bet you didn't know that in Star Wars...

DreamKnight

Any cool fact, known and less known, about Star Wars you've read or heard about? :)

Lucas got the idea for Chewbacca one morning in the early ’70s while watching his wife, Marcia, drive off in her car. She had their Alaskan malamute, Indiana, (the name sake for Indiana Jones) with her. Lucas liked the way the large shaggy dog looked in the passenger seat so he decided to create a character in the film that was a cross between Indiana, a bear, and a monkey.

Ive watched those reviews over and over again. Think I'll do it again right now! The describing the characters portion really sums up what was wrong with the last three movies.

Read an interview article recently from one of the producers I think on why he had differences with Lucas and why he split with him. He wanted Solo to die half way thru the third movie, but Lucas was afraid it would hurt toy sales. Shows Lucas' priorities right there! The second Death Star was Lucas' idea. He also wanted a more somber ending to the movie showing the huge challenges the Rebels have now that they are in control. Queen Leia was was suppose to be bogged down with paperwork and Luke walked off into the Sunset like Eastwood. Instead Lucas went with the "teddy bear jamboree" as he put it.

Not really a "did you know", but rather a question, because i rarely see people talk about this point, but...
Is Qui-gon racist?
In Episode 1, the first time Jar jar talks to him, he says something like "Your ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent".
How Jedi is that? I know Jedi are not saints, but aren't they supposed to fight for the weak, or at least treat them with respect?

It's just one line in the movie, no big deal, but i never could figure what was the point.
But...maybe i'm not intelligent too, in fact ;).

I think it may have been an observation mixed with annoyance.
In my life, I've known a number of people who could speak that I would not consider "intelligent"

Latest posts

Back