I bet you didn't know that in Star Trek...

DreamKnight

OK, let's share some cool known and unknown facts about Star Trek!

Did ya know in First Contact in the Battle of Sector 001 some dude at ILM stuck the Millennium Falcon flying in the background during the battle with the Borg cube?

Can't remember where I saw the photos, but on the first Enterprise there are a bunch of tiny silly stickers, like "this end up" and "bob was here".

The guy who play Captin Pike was suppose to continue on being the captian but his wife talked him out of taking the role. She said he was a movie actor and too good for some rotten sci fi TV show. I just always wondered if he ever let her forget that wonderful piece of advice.

"Gee, honey. I'd like to take you on vacation but we don't have enough money. Maybe if I didn't listen to you back then I'd be a FRICKIN MILLIONAIRE RIGHT NOW AND BUY YOU WHATEVER YOU WANTED!!!!!!!!"

That, after showing "The Cage" to NBC, Rodenberry was told to "either lose the woman, or lose the alien"
His solution:
He kept the alien and married the woman

This is a bit off topic, but Galaxy Quest was full of star trek references. Their ship, the NTE-3120 Protector, was named Not The Enterprise-3120. Some of the markings on the ship came straight off the enterprise.

If you watch the original series, when they show the Enterprise travelling they used stock footage from the original TV ( the Cage ) pilot and 2nd Pilot ( Where No Man... ) The ships were slightly different so in one shot you see the Cage Version with the Needles on the Warp Nacelles and in the next they are gone.

Chekov was introduced in the 2nd season because they wanted to have a reference to what was popular at the times, the Beatles. That's why Chekov had the Beatles haircut.

The phaser rifle was only seen once in TOS...and someone makes a really cool replica of it.

Phaser_Rifle_TOSdetail.jpg

Probably wouldn't be hard to scratch build this thing with a couple caulking guns!

I had a book called "The nitpickers guide to the next generation"
It was awesome - full of fluffs from the series. My fav being in "Unification" when data and picard break out of sela's office, there is a glass object on her desk. as the camera pans past, you can see the reflection of the director sitting there in a baseball cap , chewing gum!! LOL

Well...i'm not much of a star trek fan, but i've seen something interesting lately.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but in the original series, Kirk kisse Oorah at some point. This was the first kiss between a black womwan and a white man on american tv.
In a show called "Bring back startrek", Nichelle Nichols says that she was supposed to leave the show, don't remember the reason. A certain Martin Luther King said she had to stay because her presence on this show was much more important than she tgought.
So did she.
And when she told the story to Roddenberry, he said "thank god, someone knows what i'm doing".

I'm not a big fan of Star Trek my self but I know that in the Original Series on some pipes are marked GNDN. Which means Going Nowhere Doing Nothing.

In TNG, the room numbers and such were made small enough so they could not be read on tv..that way the producers didn't have to worry about getting any of them right.

Grendels' Reliant kit made me think of this one:

I bet you didn't know that in star w... trek (sry ;)), the reliant was upside down.
When the drawings were sent to the director (or art department, don't remember exactly), they were signed for approval, but upside down. In fact, the ship was more of a enterprise variation, with the nacelles above the saucer.
But it was signed upside down, so they made adjustments, and shot the ship upside down.

From the bonuses of "The wrath of Khan")

Latest posts

Back