HURRICANE Mk 1 Battle of Britain 1940

longlance67

cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war -shakespear
Howide all,

With my wee little Bf 109 sitting pretty on the shelf and as an objective marker on the gaming table ;) . I think its time to continue with my Battle of Britain build starting with the unsung hero of the battle . The Hawker Hurricane Mk1.
The kit is Airfix's offering (A02082A) though it is presented in a new box, with a fetching artwork which i must admit i'm a total sucker for it ;)
The kit is their old kit and is showing its age, with a little slipage, flash and pinmarks, but in all its a nice solid model which i hope i can do justice

P1110319_zpsc0eb4a5c.jpg

the build starts with the pilot, which is the standard Airfix job with nice details, he will help hide the lack of a cockpit but with the pilot and canopy in place this will not be apparent

P1110323.jpg

more follow soon chaps :)

thanks,

shane.

Hey Shane ...Back in with another one :) , nice work on the pilot buddy ,does the kit come with the Irish Airforce decal option ??

Chris.

Chris S said:
Hey Shane ...Back in with another one :) , nice work on the pilot buddy ,does the kit come with the Irish Airforce decal option ??

Chris.

hiya Chris,

thanks for the kind words mate,

the kit does indeed come with Irish Air Corps decals ;D

HI All,

its been a little while since i've gave any build updates college has been a bit mental,
the pilot and cockpit....well lack of cockpit have been painted and installed, and both fuselage half have been joint and clamped read for the wings :)

P1110346.jpg

more to follow soon

thanks,

shane.

Latest posts

Back