How to paint an Opel Blitz

looking at the way he used the Vallejo chipping makes me not want to try it. i would like to have seen him use a brush and water if that's possible with it

spud said:
looking at the way he used the Vallejo chipping makes me not want to try it. i would like to have seen him use a brush and water if that's possible with it

I think that is just the way he choose to chip it, I am sure you can use a brush and water, in fact that is what they did to this PzII

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.591568220872244.1073741825.267763626586040&type=1

882478_591570817538651_16308240_o.jpg

Spud or Scott, how long after applying the lacquer chipping medium should you paint the color coat ? How long after applying the color coat should you wait till you begin to chip the paint with the toothpick ? Thats a very interesting technique.

Yeah, I am not sure why they call it a "lacquer" chipping coat, as it definitely isn't a lacquer.

Think there is something lost in translation there.

Basically as soon as the chipping fluid is dry, you can paint over it, and as soon as the paint over the chipping fluid is dry, you can start attacking it with water and brushes, and other tools to chip it. The longer you wait after the paint has been applied over the chipping fluid, the harder it is to get the water to soak through the paint to dissolve the chipping fluid.

i work the paint after i clean the ab so about 5 mins after

Latest posts

Back