Honda RC166 (1/12 Tamiya )

Thank you very much guys :)

John I wish this was in my garage mate !! ;D ;D ;D

Chris.

Thanks Jay ,glad you like it ;) I try to give everything a bit of a used look :)

Happy new year to you ....and the rest of the Herd ;D

Chris.

Thanks Spud :)

Ok chaps ,time to get this one wrapped up ;D

Not a lot left to do here ,its pretty much all bodywork .
The tank ,was primed ,painted ,Decaled then a clear gloss coat .I also added the fuel pipes and filler cap .

DSCF1296.jpg

The seat unit was also painted ,the seat pad is molded rubber and rivets added (supplied in the kit )

DSCF1294.jpg

These parts are then fitted to the bike :)

DSCF1300.jpg

Onto the fairing , This was primed ,painted ,decaled and the Etch Dzus fastners fitted ..

DSCF1304.jpg

Once fitted there is a couple of oil coolers to put up inside the fairing ......

DSCF1305.jpg

Following that I could slip the front end (wheel & forks ) back in place meaning the only thing left to do was add the screen to the fairing ......Done ;D ;D

DSCF1310.jpg

DSCF1309.jpg

Here's a shot of her along side a 1986 Honda GP bike I done a while back ...Big difference !!

DSCF1319.jpg

Another cracking Motorcycle kit from Tamiya ,if you're into bikes ( or even if you're not ) you will enjoy this one :)

Many thanks again to Hobby Link Japan for supplying the review kit , And to Scale Model Addict for giving me the chance to build it .....Thank you :)

Thanks for looking in folks .

Chris.

www.hjj.com

Big congrats on the finish Chris!! Can't explain how much fun it is to follow along with your builds!!! Beautiful work my friend!!! ;)

What a build, this thing looks fantastic Chris, great job.

I have a question for you, you did a tremendous job weathering the engine and making it look very realistic but not over the top grubby, my question is, i have Tamiya's 1/12 William FW14B in my collection and F1 cars just don't get dirty, so in the past i have found it very difficult to achieve a realistic effect on the engine, as straight colour looks very flat and unconvincing.
Can you give me any advice to improve this Buddy.

Build more bikes Chris, love watching your builds.

Gag

Thank you all very much for the very kind comments :) I had a blast building this one ,Typical Tamiya Engineering ;D Cant beat it .

Gag ,I'll be telling you a lot more about that very soon :)

Chris.

:eek: this makes me wanna build a bike, if I only I had one...hang on I do! Cheers Chris ;D
Awesome.

bloody hell chris :eek: if i didnt know any better i would say youre cheating and posting pics of a real one sitting in your garage.

just awesome!!!

zappa

I like the looks of these old bikes with the turned down bars. You did a great job with this.

Thanks Q , the Bikes are fun ,you should have a go :)

Matt, thanks mate ,the old ones are hard to beat eh ;D

Chris.

I tip my hat to you sir ;) another fine build and perfect finish. Now if only i could get my build moving forward again ;D
Jay

Latest posts

Back