Honda RC166 (1/12 Tamiya )

Hi folks ,

I moved on a bit more ,this time with the engine :)

I coated all the parts with a black basecoat before adding the colours . Two different aluminiums are used along with the Gold mix .

DSCF1093.jpg

DSCF1091.jpg

Then the engine was assembled :)

DSCF1095.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

wow, the engine has come out perfect :eek: The frame looks very realistic and as Quaralane said it looks powder coated, this is going to be another stunning bike ;)

There is some really nice engine work there Chris!!! Keep it coming!!! ;)

Thank you very much gentlemen :)

Its a real joy to work on this one ...But then it is Tamiya :) , still lots to do on the engine tho ,more soon .

Chris.

Chris, i am calling the Yammy done!! ;D pleased with the end result but steep learning curve,
lots has changed in my 15 year hiatus. Thanks for the advice with the Klear and Microsol it really helped with the decals but i still had a few spots of trouble with silvering but i think that was my doing and not having a clean enough surface. Now on to the next one.
hhttp://s1145.photobucket.com/albums/o505/7165jay07/7d9c3728.jpg

Jay

Reckon about six months we'll be there ..nearly ;D ;)

Thanks, it means a lot to get positive comments from guy's with your skills. I am about to start on my next bike or should i say bikes!!? 3 x YZF R1's. (I love that bike as you could probably tell) I already have one in the 1998 blue that was probably the last model i made before coming back and building the YZR500.
The aim is to build the following;
1 x 1998 in the red and white,
1 x Taira Racing in Silver
1 x Custom colour or Clear fairings but not decided yet, it would be nice to show off the engine and frame details but the clear option has a smoked finish to it that i am not too sure about?

Thanks again, i will start a new thread soon for anyone thats interested.
Jay.
Ps, Hows the engine coming along Chris? can't wait to see the finished result, it was already looking great.

Hi guys :)

Sorry I havent been about much ,just got a lot on at the minute .

I have moved on a bit with the little Honda tho :) With the engine completely assembled including the carbs ,I started detail painting and adding a few washes of different AK Interactive products to give the engine a used / oily look .
Then all the nuts and bolts were picked out with a silver artists pen instead of trying to use a brush .

DSCF1099.jpg

DSCF1104.jpg

More up soon :)

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Latest posts

Back