HoiHoi-San

Papermodder

Modeller in both Plastic and Paper Card
I picked this up at a hobby store I was visiting in Toronto on Thursday. Just for something different to build.

HoiHoi%201_zps1h7oigsh.jpg

This character figure builds like a gundam and consists of 12 sprues.

HoiHoi%202_zpser96rgeu.jpg

Fully articulated. Construction some glue, but mostly snap. The instructions are mostly assembly diagrams, with some Japanese.( Not really a problem).
Started on this, this morning, and so far the fit is good.

HoiHoi%203_zpscluawhij.jpg

Jim

Good evening.
The construction phase of Hoi Hoi is done. I've been impressed with the fit of the parts.
I was surprised to find that the face-ups had already been done for her faces, even though they supplied decals. and no mention of it in the manual or the kit.
Next up is some detail painting and a dull coat to kill the shinny plastic finish and to paint her weapons.

HoiHoi%204_zpsio3gb0qr.jpg

HoiHoi%205_zpsjr1yfw9f.jpg

HoiHoi%206_zps2tykt0go.jpg

HoiHoi%207_zps2zqyiei0.jpg

Thank you for following.
Questions and comments welcome.

Jim

She's been a busy girl and her weapons should reflect this, so this weekend was spent detailing out her gun and hammer.
Both were given a grey primer coat then a finish of a 50/50 mix of Vallejo grey gunmetal and black.

Weapons%202_zpsvq8j6abr.jpg

Weapons%204_zpsyo0ex1sw.jpg

These were then drybrushed with Vallejo aluminum. The muzzle of the gun was dryubrushed with Tamiya clear blue also.
The trigger was first painted with the aluminum and then a coat of Tamiya orange.
The butt and handles were painted with Folkart coffee, then weathered with Vallejo dark grey wash.

Weapons%205_zpsw9bur8te.jpg

Weapons%206_zpsq99g6cic.jpg

Weapons%207_zpsatmbrj9r.jpg

Weapons%208_zpsrro3f4tm.jpg

Weapons%209_zpsis0gf3vv.jpg

Weapons%2010_zps2c29ndv5.jpg

She still has to have a dull coat.

Comments and questions welcome.

Jim

Good evening.
This will be the finale for the HoiHoi-san build.
Finished detailing her antennaand added gloss the the eyes and mouth inserts for the faces.
I then gave her faces and the rest of her body a dull coat to kill the gloss and remove some of the toy like appearance.

HoiHoi%20Dull%20Coat_zps10v2swih.jpg

She was reassembled with the alternate hair style and with her bug gun.

Final%201_zps3p8omv2o.jpg

Final%202_zpsu12odaes.jpg

Final%203_zpsu7gkj0ah.jpg

Final%204_zpspyuojpqr.jpg

Final%205_zps9ugjfwea.jpg

This was my first major figure build in a long time and will do more in the future, probably a resin figure.
It was a fun build and a nice diversion.

Thank you for following.
Questions and comments welcome.

Jim

Latest posts

Back