Hobby boss STRV-122

I informed myself a bit about this tank. So it's just the swedish version of the Leopard 2? I really like its design and will probably build one of these some day. Maybe I'll "sci-fi" it. :D

Gary said:
Drool!

I just got the Hobby Boss Leo II A5/A6 with the intention of trying to make it Cannuckish. You have really inspired me. Thanks for sharing such a great build!

The canadian tank is just a regular 2A6. in the mideast it has belly armor added and the slat armor but in in mainland canada it looks no different thana german one. Maybe add different radio antennas. thats about it.

looks awesome...
when you do high-lights on the camo, do you use 3 different colours for the 3 camo colours?

svinehunden said:
looks awesome...
when you do high-lights on the camo, do you use 3 different colours for the 3 camo colours?

I actually didnt drybrush this at all. I have found that alot of drybrushing can be unrealistic. The bits are highlighted with a pastel wash around the details after the main shadow wash.

Sorry no updates on this one guys. While i was gearing up for the contest it kind of got pushed to the wayside. Working on snow for it and the base.

This Looks Great.....

I had a hard time with mine.... Still hasn't entered the paint stage....
This could push me to try push mine thru... but I have done enough NATO paint
scheme for a while.....

I tend to like modern armour the most. So when I saw Hobby Boss, I just had to check it out. As I have a stack of HB Leopard tanks that I have yet to start. An I really like your build man! ;)

Latest posts

Back