Hobby boss STRV-122

Agreed. One doesn't need a slippy tank, gription is what is called for.
But the model looks awesome!

Someone say slippy tank? This is what happens when the ice cleats arent installed on the track ;D
[youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5aWAW2hea4[/youtube]

- Just put the youTube tags around this for ya ;)

Is it a plane? No. Is it a bird? No. Is it a tank? No, its a hover tank!!! cool vid.
And even cooler build, its coming on a treat.

Joolz.

Ok nice chunky update for ya. First off since the lower hull is covered by side skirts i pre weathered it (IE Covered it in dirt) before adding the road wheels, track and skirts. It now has a nice filthy feeling. I did this using my own technique. Not pigments. Basically tamiya Olive drab, wall spackling and water. When its thinned out it has a nice gritty feeling like runny mud. It looks the part when dry on the model. Then take a thicker mix and stipple it on for the more sticky mud. Use a darker mix for fresher darker mud. The track was slathered in a thin mixture then the excess was wiped off the track pads.
100_5561.jpg

100_5562.jpg

100_5564.jpg

100_5566.jpg

Once that is dry i added the side skirts on and proceeded with the camo. Sweden uses a hard edge splinter scheme of nato green, nato black and a lighter green. Word of cautiin to anyone else building this kit. DO NOT USE THE SUPPLIED PAINT DIAGRAM! It is completely wrong in pattern and its call out for the light green is wrong. The light green suggest is more of a mint green. For mine i made a custom mix of Nato Green and tamiya XF-60 dark yellow. It matches every reference i can find well enough. Proper camo diagrams can be found online at prime portal.net and by doing a google search for STRV 122 CAMO. This camo is brush painted on my model. Overall i think i did pretty well. I didnt feel like going through the hassle of masking it. The trick is to get your paint thinned just right where it flows smoothly.

100_5567.jpg

100_5568.jpg

100_5569.jpg

Thanks guys. The overall base camo is done. Overall im happy with the end result. Nice sharp lines and smooth finish. Had to restart some areas due to difficult reference but i got there in the end. Scott helped me alot with one piece of reference. Ill let this set overnight and fully harden. Tomorrow it gets detail painting, a coat of future and then the fun stuff begins.

100_5570.jpg

100_5571.jpg

100_5572.jpg

100_5573.jpg

100_5574.jpg

100_5575.jpg

100_5576.jpg

wow! Ive only checked this thread now...Incredible details...awesome talent...I especially love the clean photo etched parts...Excellent build...I love tracked vehicles...I used to be in a antitank platoon....

Ok when last we saw the tank it was in its base camo and pretty darn clean. All that has changed. its now in its winter camo scheme and covered in mud! Going to have it on a nice snow base with some winter pattern barracuda camo netting on it. This should be pretty fun. Weathering isnt fully done yet. I still need to add alot more dirt and dust to it. Loving how its coming out this far though.!
100_5750.jpg

100_5752.jpg

100_5753.jpg

100_5754.jpg

100_5755.jpg

100_5756.jpg

100_5758.jpg

100_5759.jpg

100_5760.jpg

100_5761.jpg

100_5762.jpg

That looks extra gorgeous! Very well painted and weatherd. I also like the tank's general shape. Very nice.

I can't believe I haven't come across this thread before!

Great painting and weathering, that is one mean looking tank! The barracuda stuff is going to look great on it.

Chas ;)

Drool!

I just got the Hobby Boss Leo II A5/A6 with the intention of trying to make it Cannuckish. You have really inspired me. Thanks for sharing such a great build!

Latest posts

Back