Hobby Boss RSOV

longlance67

cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war -shakespear
Howdie Gents,

thought id join in on the group build with half built entery for BSC :-X
Really like this kit and want to get it done, so the plan for this build is to get all done and weathered up before i go back to college.......too big a challange ?.....time will tell ;)

P1100838.jpg

first thing to do is get the subasemblies built up and painted

more updates to follow

thanks

shane.

Cool looking vehicle. Reminds me of the SAS jeep of North Africa-WW2 fame. Loaded to the gills
with weapons and equipment. One question...boxart shows lots of stowage and a crew...does the
kit have this? Should be a nice build. Good luck. Bill

Hi Panzerman

cheers for the comment mate,

I totally argee with ya, these wagons always remind me so much of LRDG and SAS jeeps in desert ;D
But in answer to your question, sadly there inst any stowage or gear for the crew included which is a shame, but im using Tamiya's US equipment set to bulk it out, but the weapons are all included including a Javalin missile tube, theres one thing i have noticed though, the kit is based on WIMIX the british army verison of the RSOV so many parts have crossed over, such as the jerry cans are british patterens but shouldnt be a problem to replace and the GPMG looks more like the FN MAG (gpmg) rather than the US's M240. But im not too bother about that ;)

On the building front im just painting up some of the subasemblies which ill have pics up of which tomorrow

cheers,

shane.

Howdie lads :)

Update time ;D

been working away on the main elements of the sub-assemblies and now ive got some progress to see yee :)

got the chassis and main section of body built,painted and slightly weathered :)

P1110131.jpg

P1100939-1.jpg

P1110133.jpg

P1110136.jpg

the main colour for the model is Vallejo's dark grey green, which was given a wash of Mig's shadow brown oil paints and a final dry brush of camo beige

more to follow soon

cheers,

shane.

Wow! I wasn't expecting such a high level of interior detailing. Looks fantastic....Great job. Painting as you go is probably the best way to procceed when you have such a dense packing of details on a kit. Keep up the
good work. Bill

PANZERMAN said:
Wow! I wasn't expecting such a high level of interior detailing. Looks fantastic....Great job. Painting as you go is probably the best way to procceed when you have such a dense packing of details on a kit. Keep up the
good work. Bill

Hi Bill thanks for the comment mate :). its greatly appreciated and helps keeps project moving forward :)
as a kit its packed with so much detail it took some thought when i first looked under the lid on how best build this bad boy, and your right the best way to assembly it, is to build and paint it as you keeping the project manageable and fun

Been busy busy busy today painting up ammo cans..........and theres a load of them !......the plan is to have them, the wheels, fenders and bonett painted and ready for fitting at somepoint tomorrow

see ya then :)

cheers,

shane.

Howdie All, Big update for yee ! ;D

been working over this kit like a slave over the last few days....the delightful Irish summer made sure of that :-X

But im pleased to say im almost doen with this project, ecerything has been washed in the Mig's shadrow brown oils and weathered with tamiya's weathering master set A which isnt a bad bit of kit either ;)

Ive added a little stowage from tamiya and few left over water bottle cases from trumpeter :)

P1110139.jpg

P1110142.jpg

P1110141-1.jpg

P1110140.jpg

P1110143.jpg

ive really fallen in love with the landy Defenders and i think ill be adding the british army variants to my collection in the near future, almost there now gents.

thanks,

shane :)

Now that its almost done, Wow!, the resemblance to the WW2 SAS jeep is even stronger. Packed with
provisions and bristling with weapons.....this one definitively has "Character".
Great job Shane. Paintwork is good. Weathering looks authentic. Detailing is spot-on. Bravo.
Bill

Grendles, thanks buddy :)

PANZERMAN said:
Now that its almost done, Wow!, the resemblance to the WW2 SAS jeep is even stronger. Packed with
provisions and bristling with weapons.....this one definitively has "Character".
Great job Shane. Paintwork is good. Weathering looks authentic. Detailing is spot-on. Bravo.
Bill

Bill,
Thank you so much my friend :)

i really enjoyed this build, was alot of fun, and ill be defo making a few more in the future

thanks again mate

shane.

Latest posts

Back