Hobby Boss' Leopard 2A6M CAN

Beobachtungsbereich

Prep for STAB....STAB ON!
IMG_0524.jpg

Here's my entry. Just finished paying via PayPal as well.

Have a whole lot to do, and not very much time. This is going to end up being part of a retirement gift to a tanker that is getting out.

Would looking forward with the build, B!!

do you plan any mods on the tank?

Unfortunately no. The guy I'm building it for is on a limited budget and timeline to have it done.

A bit of an update. Did this on Friday night after about 3-ish hours.
IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

Applique armour on

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

Going to keep on plugging away at her as much as I can. Had to bugger off to visit two relatives in the hospital and they both aren't doing very well.

TANKS for looking!

Off to a good start. Looking forward to seeing this Leopard come together.

Hope everything goes well with your two relatives. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Same goes here, B hope your relatives goes well.

the cat looks good!

Cheers!

Well, after throwing my back out I'm finally feeling well enough to sit and work.

A wee bit of Mr Surfacer and some sanding to make things fit.
IMG_0551.jpg

Making sure nothing binds up on the turret.
IMG_0552.jpg

One thing I have noticed so far is the hatches in the kit are wrong. They are completely backwards...portions of a hatch that should be open molded with portions of a closed hatch.

The PE for the loader's episcope is massive and there is PE for the EMES 15 sight, but no option for the shutters to be opened.

The average fit on the turret needed some work and will require a bit of filling, even after sanding and trialing the fit.

It's still fun though.

:eek: is that work injury ? I know how tender those can be... Take time to heal !

Looking forward to see more of your Sweet looking Panzer !

oh ! can you supply us with a drawing of what you are talking about in reference with the Hatches being molded Backwards !!!

I would like to correct this on mine if Possible !!!

My back issues are from compressing my spine in 94 whilst driving a tank and poor commander direction. ;)

The instructions have the loader's hatch going on the CC's hole and vice versa.

The loader's hatch has to be cut from the spring/ hinge and rotated 180 on it's axis.

And the thickness is off by about 3 mm too thick!

They don't fit properly at all in the closed position if you were going to try to go that route.

Regards

Here's another update. I'll be doing some masking later on today and then getting a coat of primer down.

The hatch issue - too thick and just wrong. The hinge/ spring assembly required to be cut free and rotated 180 degrees on it's horizontal axis, then flipped over into the recess to make it proper for an opened loader's hatch. As for thickness, they are not able to properly sit in the hatch rings properly as they are too big and the thickness of the molding required massive amounts of sanding to make it look proper.

The directions had this hatch on the commanders side and vice versa. Someone not knowing any better may make that mistake.

IMG_0553.jpg

Ready for primer. Modifications to the mirrors as we always had them folded up and never used them at all.
IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

Some clearance issues with the turret bustles and the rad intakes. I'll sort that out today with some gentle sanding. The PE in the kit isn't too bad, but I'm glad I made the extra purchases for the replica of my ride.

One thing to note - the turret bustle styrene frames were a bit warped. Gentle heat with hot water sorted them out.

IMG_0557.jpg

I'm leaving the bird cage and mounts off for now so I can lay down the NATO tri colour and get the fun stuff like weathering underway. Once that's done, I'll mount the slat and do a final weathering/ dusting/ rusting.

TANKS for looking!

Man! That beast is a LOW-RIDER!!!!
Kewl and mean looking!
When I get some more time, I will have to build a few tanks.
;D

Well, I've been plugging away at this little project on and off every day this past week. Work is getting in the way and some days, there just isn't enough time.

Especially with the visit from HRH tomorrow. Had to move around some Leo 2's over the past couple days. I'll be able to finally put them to bed late tomorrow afternoon.

Anyway, on with the update.

Finished priming, pre-shading and put on a base coat followed by the NATO tri colour. I think it turned out pretty well so far. I'm hand brushing in the finer details right now before I put on a coat of clear matt acrylic and start on the weathering.

IMG_0570.jpg

TANKS for looking!

Did a bit of rust base coat last night, along with laying down some of AK's Dark Steel on some pieces of kit that will be naturally worn and chipped.

Sealed it in with a coat of matt clear. Later today I'll be shooting on some of AK's worn effects, a top coat of black on the growsers then chipping them.

Growsers
IMG_0571.jpg

Spades
IMG_0573.jpg

MUZZLE END CLEAR!!! (part of the old tank action drill)
IMG_0574.jpg

TANKS for looking!

lol was that your ugly mug... update looks good nice paint job on her

Been really busy working on other things around the house for the past few days, so progress has been slow to say the least.

Decals are on and been secured using Vallejo's system and clear coated on.

Then there are the sprues of slat armour that took quite a while to prime and paint. It would be a lot easier doing it this way then trying to do it on a hard surface all laid out IMHO. at least this way there will only be minor touch ups and less chance of me screwing up how they are to be mounted.

IMG_0578.jpg

TANKS for looking!

spud said:
lol was that your ugly mug... update looks good nice paint job on her

Yeah, it was. I rarely get the opportunity to take a panzer out for a spin anymore. Every time I do though, it puts a smile on my face.

Regards

Hey Panzer Buddy! What is the reason for NOT fixing the Growsers ejector pin mark? detail detail detail dude! Right now you can't afford to slack off! My man!

I am counting on you! Buddy!

Who's tha man?

Latest posts

Back