Hobby Boss German Pz.Kpfw.II Ausf.J (VK16.01)

TRM

Hey folks,

Seems I have been so self consumed with projects and "other" forumy type processes I have neglected to post something I am doing from time to tome...Bad T...Bad!! ::)

I picked this little gem up a month or so ago as part of a review for Inscale.org. If you feel so inclined to check out the review, it is posted here: http://inscale.org/public/?p=5953

The time was right and the kit just fell together and before I knew it the paint was flying. I will do a quick showing of what I have and bring things right up to where they are!!

The kit:

002_zps81b887cb.jpg

Actually a very nice kit...ease of the build, details...price! Nothing wrong with that at all!

006_zps2de77300.jpg

014_zpsf27adff9.jpg

018_zps46284e8a.jpg

There was the build...see, quick and painless :p Not wanting to waste too much of your time here, I will riffle through what I have done and bring this to the present....

Prime: AK Grey primer

016_zpsf040ed05.jpg

Pre-shade:

022_zps123c208e.jpg

Base paint: AK Red Oxide SM Set...well, some of it anyway ;)

031_zps50179c45.jpg

Top Coat sort of: Vallejo's AFV Painting System - Dunkelgrau

016_zps3b253e57.jpg

The Decals:

098_zpscd15767f.jpg

This brings me up to tonight. I decided to head down the camo road on this. Supposedly the Ausf. J was sent to the Eastern front as part of the 12 Pz.Div. hence the markings...

First a little masking:

003_zps50f62310.jpg

And then some Gelbbraun:

009_zps4e67332e.jpg

005_zps889cf71f.jpg

Still plenty to do on this. I have been working the tracks a bit tonight and need to start some detail painting soon!

As always I appreciate you swinging by!! ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Looking nice T. Love the camo.

With that base colour will ther be chipping?

Thank Joe...appreciate it! ;D

Hey Rook...thanks! Yes, chipping of the camo and I am sure there will come some chipping in the base as well! ;)

Awesome camo T, loving this build.

Hobby boss are one of my favourites, as you said good value for money, well designed and go together with no drama.

Looking forward to the next installment!

Satch - Thank you kindly sir! Most appreciated!

Scooter - Thank you Boss-man!! ;)

Sup Adam? - Thanks bro! 8)

Leigh - Thanks a bunch! I think that HB hit the mark on this one certainly! Link & Length tracks, the added PE...just a solid kit! And for around $21.00 US...LOL, it can't be left on the shelf! ;D

Beautiful work as always T! What a cool subject, what scale is it? Looks 1/35....but for you that could be 1/144 lol

JohnSimmons said:
Beautiful work as always T! What a cool subject, what scale is it? Looks 1/35....but for you that could be 1/144 lol

Fanx a bunch John! 1/35 yeah! I am looking at some 1/144, funny you should say that! Even if my head explodes while I am trying it, they are pretty snazzy!! ;D ;D ;D

MrT said:
Ok now that is just freaking cool!!

Terry :eek:

Thank you very much Terry!! I am always feel unsure as to how the camo will look when I am done....thinking of trying a sedative the next time to ease the pain ::)

A small offering for today, various stages of "track" development...:) !

094_zps5a6a7bee.jpg

;)

Thanks John!!! One more option. Figure Russian service...Russian dirt! :).

Very nice work. I read your review of this kit on inscale.org. This kit is now on my wish list.

Tanker52 said:
Very nice work. I read your review of this kit on inscale.org. This kit is now on my wish list.

Thanks a Bunch...on the model and for reading the review! Good news making the "list" too! ;)

Unreality said:
Great job so far.

Is it just me, or shouldn't that AK label be "Kursk"?

Its you... ::)...LOL No no, you are correct! This was a minor "printing" oversight on the label maker I believe...Happens! Thank you btw! Most kind of you!! ;)

As meager as it is, here is another quick update. I chipped the camo back lightly and hit this with a wash using AK's Blue/Brown Wash and began some dirty stuff on the lower end!

004_zpsb0eb7348.jpg

014_zps339912b4.jpg

I will have a go at setting some wheels and lay some track I think....tomorrow? LOL!! Either way...thanks for stopping in!!

Latest posts

Back