Hobby Boss 1/72 SH-60 SeaHawks: Completed!

Re: Hobby Boss 1/72 SH-60 SeaHawks

That's such a beast! Looks like some nice even painting there bud! Let's see some wash now

Gettin there buds, just waiting for the decals to fully cured, need to apply softer :)

Almost there Just few bits of details and washes and she's ready to fly!!! quite satisfied with the first Helo build... now I need to take some notes for future reference... on building Helo's (Banghead) wish there is an emoticon ;D)

100_0527.jpg

100_0526.jpg

100_0525.jpg

Comments are welcome!!! (there's always a room for improvement :) )

Thanks for looking, herds!!!

I think she looks grand ER! Of course I'm quite the fan of "hawks." What kind of weathering you planning? Since it's a Seahawk she probably has some salt damage to the body.

and that would be a problem, buds... need check how does some salt damage do on the bird.

Kinda like those old F-14s and such. A little fading in some spots and slight darkening in others. You could just use a slightly lightened version of the base color, thin it down heavily and give some random spots in the middle of some panels a shot through the AB. Then give her a good wash down and wipe off. Should give a good representation of a Sea bird. Repeat the wash as needed in areas to increase the effect.

Thanks for the advise, Myke... i'll try some modulation on the top parts and bit of Oil and Grease wash on the rotors. :)

Yep, Looking super sharp Eastrock! Still a bit "factory fresh" but I know you will take care of that with a little weathering. Beautiful work on this ER!!

Looks good Eastrock, great work. A little weathering and a little flat coat, then off to the display shelf. :)

Completed Hobby Boss 1/72 SH-60 SeaHawks

Finally!!! First kit finished for the year 2012!!! ;D I call this one finished before I could do more damage to it :eek:

Thanks a lot guys!!! really learn a lot especially when it comes to A/C!!! next stop pending builds!!!

seahawk3.jpg
seahawk2.jpg
seahawk1.jpg
seahawk4.jpg
seahawk7.jpg
seahawk6.png

seahawk5.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!

PS apologies for the different sizes... I do s**k in Photo editing :p

Fine looking heli Eastrock. :) great job.

Latest posts

Back