Hobby Boss 1/72 SH-60 SeaHawks: Completed!

Re: Hobby Boss 1/72 SH-60 SeaHawks

Build update:

A lot of sanding is need most of the exterior doesn't fit. already bought Mr. Dissolving Putty to fill in hair line gaps.

100_0442.jpg
A Hair line gap on top... need to repair and re-scribe the recessed panel lines.

100_0441.jpg
A few minor repair needed but this will turn out great ;D

100_0444.jpgrepaired and s'built the tail section, 2nd from the left... reference show a part should be there, and I can't see that part on the box, even in the instruction its included. don't know what its called ;D

That's it for now, gotta run or my date will be waiting for centuries :eek:

Thanks for looking, your comment and opinions is highly appreciated

Definitely looking like some seam work is needed, but she's looking sharp

Eastrock, How are you finding the Mr.dissolved putty? I recently got some and I really like it, but for the small nooks and crannies I think I'll stick with my Surfacer 500.

The build looks like it's coming along great! Man, that thing looks kind of tiny. I always think of a Seahawk as being a fairly large heli, I guess it will be quite a bit bigger with the rotor on it.

Thanks Q, definitely this kit need some repairs on the hangar... though the interior had no fitting issue but lacks of details. I'm still a newbie when building it with extreme details.

@Jmac, I find great!! less sanding it can reach hard to reach areas... I also use Mr. Surfacer and Miliput depends on the seams and damage to the kit. Its a semi-attack / Search and Rescue Heli, much smaller than the Sea King. ;D

Very nice. I'm always quite amazed at the 1/72 helos.

Looking pretty good buddy ,Thats some nice rivet detail .

Chris.

This thing looks great..., especially in that scale. Having built a "hawk" I can't wait to see how this variant turns out! Keep up the good work.

Thanks Guys!!!

Myke, landing strut already been installed much to sand and fill on the exterior... will update soon as I can, officially its already Christmas here!!! and I got work today!!! what a bummer :-X

Happy Holidays!!!

Good to hear mate! Happy Christmas!!

I have to work today (xmas eve) and for a couple hours tomorrow too, so I feel your pain, haha.

back to regular modelling update:

she's coming together already repaired and replaced the missing parts by styrene sheet, a bit of rescribing on the nose and re-masking and read for painting.

100_0500.jpg

100_0502.jpg

Thanks for looking guys, comments are much welcome!!!

there's always a room for improvement!!! :)

Nice, Nice..., looks like she's coming together nicely.

Thanks a lot, Myke... I'm a slow builder when it comes to repair a kit.

Just getting caught up Eastrock, looks really nice. Getting close to painting? What scheme are you planning?

Hey Jmac!! nice to see you back again!!! yes I'm just finishing some details... just a 2 tone scheme black on the tail and grey on the base :)

Cool, looking forward to an update. :)

Thanks, Model72!!

finally 2 tone color is finally finished build is almost over... a few more detailing and this is one is flying!!! a coat of MIG natural wash to follow... make it more weathered and take out the monotonous color...

2tonelyt.jpg

2toneryt.jpg

100_0521.jpg

Thanks for looking, your comments is highly appreciated!!!

Eastrock, that looks sharp! So close to finish now... ;D

Just getting caught up with your build here Eastrock. The chopper is looking very nice indeed! Very clean work on your part. Nice little interior on this one. Keep up the great work Eastrock, you're almost there!

Hey, JMac thanks!!! I do plan to finish this one same with the humvee :)

FT, Thanks for the comment I just encountered problems with it comes to masking canopy for the heli :)

Latest posts

Back