HMS Zinnia - Mirage Hobby - Finisher

Biskup

Thanks to the courtesy of Mirage Hobby company I got to my hands this kit. I don’t normally build ship kits so I’m unable to say anything about the kits accuracy. I will however discuss the quality during the build. I’m planning to place the kit on a small base and I will also use PE reeling parts from Part company and fishing line for antennas and ropes.
I will be entering SHIPS/WATERCRAFT category with this kit :)
zinnia001_zpspst47uor.jpg
zinnia002.jpg
zinnia004.jpg
zinnia003.jpg

Re: HMS Zinnia - Mirage Hobby

Great choice! A kit with a lot of potential and stil great OOB! I'll be watching with interest!

Hull with deck is assembled. Now it’s time for other elements.
zinnia005.jpg

Thank you Scott.

Assembly almost done. Just few more touch ups and I will be able to apply color.

This kit goes together rather well, all thou it’s visible that the moulds have seen better days. If you would be making it out of the box there are few places that need more attention. None the less I am positively impressed by this kit. All thou few mistakes in the assembly instruction and markings of the part on the spruce make this kit more suitable for more experience modelers.

During the assembly I have thinned all the sides of the ship, protections around the superstructures and air intakes. I have also added PE railing from Part company and I made tarps for life boats.
zinnia008.jpg

Looks great. Very simplistically elegant design...if that makes any sense. :)

Another one I have neglected here until now!! ::) Nice job on the floaty thing Lukasz!! Camo looks awesome!! You banged this one right out!! Looking forward to the end game brotha'!! ;)

Latest posts

Back