HMS ILLUSTRIOUS 1:350 waterline

peza

eh up all,I got asked off a mate to build him an illustrious from WW2 as his Grandad served on it at Malta.
I found the kit at Telford model show and got the kit.i rang mym8 to say I got it and at first he was gonna build it himself.
but due to the fact that he's blind as a bat with big fat sausage fingers he then asked me.so here we go
WP_20190205_23_16_06_Pro.jpg
the kit on a whole was really nice to work with,until this next piece ping'ed off me tweezers and landed in the carpet it was one of the really small bits on the side.

WP_20190210_17_43_51_Pro.jpg
the next part was the painting up,the hardest part of which was the masking up.
WP_20190228_23_54_59_Pro.jpg
whilst waiting on paint to dry and paints to come through the post,I started on the planes
WP_20190210_17_44_02_Pro.jpg

WP_20190307_23_22_31_Pro.jpg
this is where I'll leave it for now post again tomorrow.hope ya like! Cheers peza

eh up all here's the next bit,got the planes finished,with a little piece of fibre optic I made it look as if it's takin off(mym8 said his Grandad was a flight mechanic)more planes the better then!
WP_20190311_22_43_48_Pro.jpgWP_20190311_22_43_20_Pro.jpg
next up was to start on the sea again.i watched an ace video on YouTube with Shane smith.i hope he doesn't mind me mentioning his name,if so sorry.

WP_20190315_06_55_01_Pro.jpg
and mym8 got this name plate made up

IMG_0177.jpg
so the build was finished and given to mym8 so he could give it to his mum on mothers day,she looked at it and said I'd of preferred flowers.... Some people
hope ya all like it though..Cheers peza

That's a beautiful finish, Peza, and that's a nice tribute to an old tar, well done! I like the camouflage particularly, your care with masking paid off.

...this next piece ping'ed off me tweezers and landed in the carpet it was one of the really small bits on the side...

Yeah, we've all been there! ;)

Who makes this kit, by the way?

That's a beautiful finish, Peza, and that's a nice tribute to an old tar, well done! I like the camouflage particularly, your care with masking paid off.

Yeah, we've all been there! ;)

Who makes this kit, by the way?
Cheers baron,it's a Waterline series I think.cheers for the nice comments buddy.

beautiful detail!

I am trying to learn to do water effects for my DarkSea project and your piece is definitely an inspiration to me - your water effect is excellent! I will look for the video you mentioned - THANX!

Latest posts

Back