HIMMELSFALKE --- Ma.K. Falke XL

Vn2iQ1g.jpg

don't zoom in , it's really dirty ;) - I need to pull everything out and dust

E5Tdt2T.jpg
7RR4Mhx.jpg

Last edited:
To plot points on the underside I made this little attachment .
Held on magnetically . The dimple in the center of the tube holds the rod nice and snug .
I just measure the amount the rod extends and then extend it that distance out the opposite side to transfer the plot - but I've just been leaving the rod centered so I'm just dealing with the one scale on the bridge .

9O9QwmY.jpg
CFt3arP.jpg

It was also necessary to slenderize the end of the vertical scale further :

hsFlskW.jpg

Last edited:
Amazing job!
I love everytime someone modifies something. That’s what modelling for me is about, too
sourcing parts, kitbashibg, scratchbuilding, molding and casting - great to see this project
It reminds me to finish some of mine and not getting distracted by new opportunities

:) Thanks , man .

" .. and not getting distracted by new opportunities " -- :D ha ha , yeah , I'm working on a scratch-built mech and couple of others but I'm trying to prioritize this one and the Hofnarr

:D Ha ha - Well , she weights 1 pound 7 oz currently . I'm guessing maybe 70% -75% of that is Aves and the rest is PVC and styrene .
So at least a pound's worth ? of Apoxie .
The assembly is quite stout .

Aight - the right duct is 95 % ,, I'm fine-tuning both sides now with Tamiya White Putty .

I've finally decided on the design of the laser package .
It will slide into place using these channels -- cut from the leftover piece from the vertical scale attachment .
Drilled for a mechanical bond with the Aves

XJpyGlh.jpg
DT1mtok.jpg
WPCjVzm.jpg
pW6fat4.jpg

You can see below how far the Aves extends into each nacelle's upper half .
That was originally absent but the nacelles wanted to twist slightly when the build was first removed from the assembly deck :

4Smo4cM.jpg

.... looks like some-kinda space-frog

Last edited:
To make the bridge easier to slide without sticking , I added a bunch of graphite to the grooves then assembled it inverted ;)
Slide it back& forth , vacuum up the excess and repeat a few times .
Works great now .

AQZlgBb.jpg
SHoqzLq.jpg
z8V7SkB.jpg

This plank will be the spine of the laser package .
It will get chopped back to probably less than half that length ( although now seeing the whole length in there makes me think maybe making the assembly longer than originally planned ,, ,.. hmmm -- naww. well , maybe ..)

BKQWcHR.jpg

Last edited:
To make the bridge easier to slide without sticking , I added a bunch of graphite to the grooves then assembled it inverted ;)
Slide it back& forth , vacuum up the excess and repeat a few times .
Works great now .

Now that's a JIG !!

Latest posts

Back