Hi there from Bilston, UK

My name is Wayne, im 39 from Bilston, UK.

After a couple of first time builds back in 2007, I returned to modelling in 2012 starting with the Moebius Mk.II Colonial Viper & various other projects which included Airwolf & Blue Thunder, then the unenvieble task of the 1/400 Revell 100th Anniversary Titanic.

Since then I have built many models ranging from sci-fi, military vehicles & aircraft, tv & movie & autosport models.

Over the last 3 years I have picked up many new techniques, from using spray cans, weathering, washes, but I still rely on painting by hand.

The most recent model which I have just completed was the AMT Anakin Skywalker Podracer.

I do follow a few of your members on youtube, the most noteable is Quaralane, who has given me so much help and inspiration over the last 3 years.

My passion for making models is as equal as my passion for WWE wrestling, to which I have attended events along with living a life dream of attending Wrestlemania 28 in Miami back in 2012.

I face a lot of ridicule for at work every day as im told I should get a proper hobby instead of making sad & boring toy models and watching men-in-pants.

Im married to my wife Donna & our 2 sons Darren (20) & Wayne (19).

You can see my builds on my youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/WickedSlimShady

Thank you for having me.

Now a picture of me to scare your kids with.

10468213_791673494222422_8394727726280285893_o_zps1up3sjxy.jpg

Taken at from the balcony of Griffith Observatory, on my trip to LA last year.

Hi Wayne,
Welcome to SMA.

Deadman Disciple said:
I face a lot of ridicule for at work every day as im told I should get a proper hobby instead of making sad & boring toy models...

You won't get any of that here.

Welcome matey!!

Looking forward to seeing some of your work on here....don't worry about the mickey taking...I get it as well...then I show them what I do then they soon shut up.

Latest posts

Back