Hi from TN.

rhlee

Hi,
My name is Rick. Like many here I am coming back to modeling after being away for 50 years. I never really got good at it but I did have alot of fun gluing the models together. This time I hope to learn to do it right. I have a few level 2 model kits I bought around 20 years ago. This should get me started again. I look forward to hearing some recommendations about how to learn techniques for painting, filling, etc. Any good books for "beginners.

rhlee

I bought these on sale dirt cheap at Walmart around 20 years ago. I will probably start with the 67 plymouth because I like the car. I also like planes and ships. When I was a kid I started a huge model of the USS Constitution but never finished it. I bought a vintage kit of the USS Constitution some years back and will build this if I can develop some skills.
xj6yJQ.&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=20211115002.jpg

the Baron

Ich bin ja, Herr, in Deiner Macht
Welcome back to the hobby, and welcome to the Herd, Rick!
Yeah, those are some classic kits and good ones to start with for anyone returning to the hobby. I look forward to seeing your builds!
Remember, too, to have fun-that's the whole point today, as much as it was when we were kids.

Latest posts