Hi from the country of beer, chocolate and fries

Wouter

Hi everbody! (imagine this me saying it with a Dr. Nick accent ;D)

Some of you might know me from some other places on the net, some of you might not...so here goes

My name's Wouter, I live in a small village north of Antwerp, Belgium (you know, the city which was the target for German troops during the Battle of the Bulge), together with my girlfriend Sarah and my little daughter Amélie, oh yeah, and our obese kittycat Mono)

In real life I'm a shunting engineer (kind of train driver)

Started the hobby in December 2009 and in general I'm a slow builder with lots of unfinished stuff, though my pace is getting better now ;D. Mainly interested in German WWII armor. This year however I did my first modern build, being a Merkava IV as a birthday gift for my brother in law...also my first wingy - another birthday gift, this time for my dad in laws' 60th birthday...Recently decided to try my first wreck...all thanks to Rob Scratchmod Ferreira

well, 'nuff said, here are some photos of my stuff :-*

my first build was the KT which sits these days in the Ardennes town of La Gleize:
LaGleizeKTfinished17.jpg

my first ever finished build
InitialTigerI12.jpg

my second finished build, which was my first article one, appeared in Military Modelling mag, Sept edition this year, very happy with that
Elefantfinished24.jpg

and some other thingies
3.jpg

BF10967.jpg

NachtPanther47.jpg

MerkavaIV99.jpg

Tiger11N.jpg

SturerEmil13.jpg

A119.jpg

DSC02623.jpg

AfrikaTiger30.jpg

DSC04372.jpg

PzIII69.jpg

well, that's it, looking forward to check out all the great stuff on site!!!

Cheers
Wouts aka Bling aka Casey ake whatever you want to call me ;)

Welcome, nice work. I'm a slow builder too. Have 7/8 projects still unfinished after a year. Wanted to post some pics but my camera died and I hadn't transfered files yet. Anywho, nice work. Hope to see more.

Wouts!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: glad you joined up her buddie

Welcome to SMA

Ola Wouter.

Nice to see another name from the dutch speaking corner of the world.
I'm new here as well but so far enjoying it a lot. People here are very friendly.

Hey Wouter,great to see you here mate :D ,nice to see those builds again too ,they're all drummers ;)

Chris.

Ok out of curiosity, when you say Dutch speaking. Is your Dutch language the same Dutch language as the Dutch Amish in the USA ? If your unfamiliar with the Dutch Amish you can google PA Amish from Lancaster, Pennsylvania to reference what Im talking about. I figure its not but just curious. Im all about learning different languages and can speak several. I know a bit of Pennsylvania Amish Dutch so curious to know if its the same?

thanks for the war welcome fellas, I allready feel at home now :-*

Hooterville:hi mate, as far as I know the Amish came originally from parts of Germany and if I'm not mistaken they talk a kind of changed variation of German, not Dutch. Although both languages are family it's still not quite the same ^^

But then again, the Dutch spoken in the Netherlands and Dutch spoken in the Dutchspeaking part of Belgium (Flanders) isn't 100% the same as well ;D

Cheers

Hey Wouts, nice to see you here! ;D

You're right about the Amish (and Mennonites) here speaking a form of the German language. I've spent a lot of time in Pennsylvania and even a large Amish part of Ohio and they speak what a many refer to as 'Germanglish'.

Even though PA refers to it as 'Pennsylvania Dutch', it is merely another misnomer on the part of us Americans. I think it originally stems from the word used back in the day: 'Deitsch' or 'Deutsch' which is (as I'm sure you know) German, not Dutch.

Speaking to any of the old timers clearly makes this apparent, as they still retain their thick German 'accent'.

So... make yourself at home and get to modeling. lol

Hiya Ken, thanks and glad to see your here as well, LOL ;D

and righto, correct explanation indeed 8)

Hi Zappa, bedankt maat!

Cheers

Latest posts

Back