"Here's where the fun begins..." :-)

On a side note---my GF built her Snap-Tight Land speeder yesterday. I just let her build it straight out of the box. I think she enjoyed it! Took about 2 hrs. I helped her glue some parts in, but the rest she did all on her own! She's having a tough time finding a job right now, so I thought maybe this would help take her mind things for a bit.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I needed a serious break from Falcon weathering... :-\...so I broke out this little reissue Snap-Tite kit yesterday. This has always been one of my favorite SW ships and I never had the toy as a kid, so I'm gonna repaint and weather this up nice. This is just kind of a mock-up pic. It's not the most accurate kit in the world but it only has like 15 parts so it should be quick and fun! ;D

It's all in the paint job anyways. Nice little kit. Is that the Revell? Any idea on the scale?

Yes it is the Revell. The newer release with Darth Maul on the front top corner of the box. The scale is veerrrry close to 1:60. Its also close to 1:72....just depends on whose figures you are using to determine scale. Could probably pass for either or somewhere in the middle.

Falcon UPDATE! ;D Comments Welcome...The weathering process is NOT my strong suit...I freely admit...I find the streaking process very difficult to get accurate...here's where I am so far..I did manage to print my own decal sheet of tiny "="'s signs to put all over the thing however! 8)...

PS..WHY can't we upload big pics here anymore??? that sucks!!! ???

Absolutely beautiful weathering, nice & clean work

derex3592 said:

I use imageshack, it gives you the option of what resolution to upload....normally I go 800x600, but sometimes I upload at full size....like here:

newcones3.jpg

When you click the image, it jumps up res a bit....but also gives you the option to view it full-res

J

Some beautiful work going on there.

Photobucket will automatically resize the "full" image to about 1024 pixels wide.
Most of my "progress" pics tend to only be at about 1000 wide, so it's fine.

The "upload" feature here at the site is governed by several factors, notably storage space and bandwidth.

derex3592 said:

I'm not quite sure what you mean, if you use Imageshack, photobucket, or any of the other photo hosting sites, you can post the normal sizes common on most forums.

As far as the attachment size I'm not aware that it is any different than before but having said that, every photo that is 'attached' counts towards the sites bandwidth, which Scott pays for out of pocket. Other than charging us to host our photos, I'm not sure what other choice there is. (other than the free hosting sites I mentioned)

I just noticed the other day that when I went to attach pics I have always just attached them at 1200xsomething out of Picasa..All my previous posts were done this way and it worked fine. In the last couple of days I got a message saying each file could only be 100something. No biggie. Just wondered. :)

Post links to the pics, rather than attaching them.
Something like this, but without the extra spaces:
[ img ] image url [ /img ]

That's how many of us are doing it.
Also makes it easier if, like me and some others, you're posting similar updates to multiple sites.

Chewie says the Falcon is ready for takeoff...Docking Bay 94! B)) IT'S FINISHED! . ;D ..after 8 1/2 months. Fun kit actually, the cockpit was the hardest part really. One slight seam to fill behind clear part. (Here's a tip--don't EVER get Tamiya putty on clear plastic--you've been warned!) All other parts fit like a dream. 0 putty used on the rest of the model. The PE engine grills and resin fans are also a challenge..IF I had it to do over..I wouldn't bother with them..the parts FM includes are identical to what is used on the 32" Studio Scale, so they are more accurate. Also...full disclosure...I wussed out and didn't paint chip or "=" sign the bottom...sue me.... If anybody who has one of these in their closet has any other questions, PM me... I have lots of pics...will try to get them posted through a link since all you can attach here are postage stamp size pics now!

http://s867.photobucket.com/albums/ab235/whead3592/High%20Res%20Falcon%20Pix/

Latest posts

Back