"Here's where the fun begins..." :-)

derex3592

Not sure if I should put this here, but it's a Falcon build so I'm thinkin yes..

I am about to start on Finemolds 1:72 Falcon. Doing photo etch grills and resin "fans" or whatever they are, along with upgraded cockpit instrument decals. Also considering trying to light this one! I have never tried lighting before...so I haven't yet convinced myself to try it on such an expensive kit...anyway...plenty of time to decide that. Here's a pic of the project along with a couple of pics of my other completed FM kits..

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nice job Derex! I really like the Fine Molds Star Wars kits and especially the 1/72 scale series. I only have the X-wing and the Tie-fighter so far, but will have the Falcon...eventually! ;)

thanks guys. I actually prefer the 1:48's myself for the fighters. That's what all mine are. Wish they would bring out the Tie Interceptor and Y-Wing in 1:48 at least. However--I'm glad the Falcon is only 1:72!

Very nice work, derex.

I'm also working on a 1:72 FM Falcon build with the extra aftermarket parts. I look forward to seeing your progress on this project.

I did bite the bullet and decided to light mine (also the first model I've lit). It's been a fun experience figuring out what I want to light, determining how to light it and expanding my modelling skills to include this aspect.

If you plan to light your model, I highly recommend watching Grendels video series on lighting models (http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/forum/index.php/topic,4881.0.html)as there is a lot of gold in there and may help you avoid any unpleasant surprises.

I should get to lighting up mine in the next week or two. I will post videos on my approach when I get there.

UPDATE -- Got started finally this week on my 1:72 FM Falcon---decided I wanted to do all the little notches in and around it. My first ones (first pic) on the top I got a little to carried away with with the file, but my technique got a lot better towards the end! oh well...some are a little bigger than they should be according to the 32 SS model...but whatever. :p

UPDATE---Finished my cockpit over the weekend--turned out pretty good I think..

Oh wow, cockpit looks ace! Love the walkway and the shining light..very cool 8)

sadly no....I'm taking the cowards way out...I will try to light a kit eventually---just not a $200+ one for my first try... ;)

Time for a 1:72 FM Falcon update! Been gluing 8) hundreds 8) of tiny parts on for the last few months and am now happy to report that all upper and lower hulls and sidewalls are complete and everything is primed and pretty much ready for some pre-shading!

Forgot to post a couple of pics last month when I was working on the resin fans and photoetch grills that will eventually go on. ;D

Nice work, that's a not a walk in the park with all those tiny pieces and those are great too ;D.

Latest posts

Back