Here's My Project: Tamiya 1:48 F4U Corsair!

bkgActual

Okay, this is only the second airplane I have ever built! I murdered a P-47 over the last couple weeks as a practice piece. I tried everything from simple conversions of the flaps to re-scribing panel lines (WAY out of my league there!). I shot vids of that project that I will be posting on YouTube so you guys can get a good laugh. I did learn a lot and hopefully I will do a proper job on this one.

Anyway, this model is far superior to the Monogram model mentioned. The detail is wonderful and there are a couple of options for completing the build. I will definitely be v-logging my progress.

I am really excited about this group build. It is the first one for me. If I complete this model and have enough time, I may jump in on one of the other categories.

Wish me luck mates!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Another classic .....Love the Corsair ;D

Chris.

i have built a couple of Revel Monogram F4U4-4c corsairs, i can tell they are not near as nice as the Tamiya F4U-1d just by watching other people build them.

can't wait to see this, i have seen a few builds of the 1/48 Scale F4U-1d

Since, you say your new to a/c, you should be warned the folded wings are pretty fragile. Not terrible, but they do break easily, and should be the last thing you add if you build them folded. Other than that, it's a great kit.

Nice choice bkgActual. The Tamiya Corsair is a fantastic kit.

Gundamhead said:
Since, you say your new to a/c, you should be warned the folded wings are pretty fragile. Not terrible, but they do break easily, and should be the last thing you add if you build them folded. Other than that, it's a great kit.

i know this all too well....

You gotta love the Corsair.... Pappy Boyington...Whistling Death.... We will all be watchin' this one bkg.

Looks awesome. I'm on the list of guys who love the design of this machine. Great lines.

ModelFreak72 said:
There can never be a enough corsairs! It is one of the best and beautiful planes of WWII!

i can agree, its one of my favrites, along with the Thunderbolt, and of course the Mustang.

Guys, I just started the kit tonight. It is absolutely beautiful! Tamiya does the best stuff.

I have bought many Tamiya 1/35 armor and enjoyed building them very much, but this is the first aircraft kit I have purchased from them. Holy cow, this thing has a totally detailed cockpit and everything! The Monogram P-47 test model was a total piece of junk by comparison!

By the way, where can I get a 1:48 seated Navy pilot? The kit came with a pilot meant to be mounted on the wing. I am hoping to mount this bird in flight.

Thanks!

Squadron's got a set of 1/48 USAAF pilots that has a seated pilot, BKG.
I used one for my "Pappy's Bird" contest build.

Should be close enough for you to use. After all, the US fighter pilots all wore fairly similar gear in WWII

Quaralane said:
Squadron's got a set of 1/48 USAAF pilots that has a seated pilot, BKG.
I used one for my "Pappy's Bird" contest build.

Should be close enough for you to use. After all, the US fighter pilots all wore fairly similar gear in WWII

Thanks Patrick!

Fantastic choice of aircraft, and of a kit too. That Tamiya kit is awesome. You'll have little trouble with that one.

Latest posts

Back