Heng Long 1/16 RC Tiger 1 early

sanford12

This is my first foray back to modeling since 1982-83. That was a F-15C and probably my best effort. While this isn't a real build but it's a start.

Here's it is as it came. Well pretty much. It was a terrible blue grey so I painted it luftwaffe grey which is much closer to what it would of been. It was only temporary till I figured which way to go.

Decided on sand with brown an green camo.

Did chipping, pin wash then a oil paint filter of raw sienna and black diluted about 90%. Still drying in the picture. Painted with a Neo for Iwata airbrush with Tamiya paints, Went about as far as practical for a RC model. May do a little more later20201209_160525.jpg20210103_201226.jpg20210112_171605.jpg20210113_133619.jpg

She's a very smart dog. I have a laptop charging cord running across the floor to the coffee table. At 8 weeks when she came home it took 2-3 no's and she hasn't touched it since nor any power/speaker cord. Cleaning up an occasional shredded cardboard is a small penalty to play. I've never had such a good dog. She's not a barker, not food centric no begging at table which are all things corgis are know for. I'm lucky to have her.

Here's the video

Last edited:
isn't that engine noise the same they used for the Hunt for Red October ?
IDK , all the sonar-techs I know are dead or in jail now ....

The turret transverse reminds me of sound effects for the Flintstones .

This is my first foray back to modeling since 1982-83. That was a F-15C and probably my best effort. While this isn't a real build but it's a start.

Here's it is as it came. Well pretty much. It was a terrible blue grey so I painted it luftwaffe grey which is much closer to what it would of been. It was only temporary till I figured which way to go.

Did chipping, pin wash then a oil paint filter of raw sienna and black diluted about 90%. Still drying in the picture. Painted with a Neo for Iwata airbrush with Tamiya paints, Went about as far as practical for a RC model. May do a little more laterView attachment 998View attachment 999View attachment 1000View attachment 1001
Yes I've also been in model on n off sense 1970. I recently was told by the guy with funny hat ( has good info doe ) .that thier never was 1/16 CUTAWAY TIGER 1 .so after 40+ search ended . I came across
H L 1/16 RC TANKS so I e started a collection some have metal like Tiger 1 n king Tiger at 15 lbs + n some don't. for what I'm doing plastic is fine unless something breaks then will RNR with metal .N or a good deal comes up with metal.right now trying to finish DETAILS on most when times allows thank from bring up HENG LONG

Attachments

• 20220817_144504.jpg
    20220817_144504.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 4

Did chipping, pin wash then a oil paint filter of raw sienna and black diluted about 90%. Still drying in the picture. Painted with a Neo for Iwata airbrush with Tamiya paints, Went about as far as practical for a RC model. May do a little more laterView attachment 998View attachment 999View attachment 1000View attachment 1001
It looks great, very impressed. What's the next project?
Irishvic/Pantherman

looks good, its nice to see another modeler working on 1/16 scale armor. My collection is all 1/16 also, I just prefer the larger stuff.

Latest posts

Back