Help finding the USS Bon Homme Richard CVA-31

i have an old friend who just retired who served on the USS Bon Homme Richard CVA-31. He just recently found out it was scrapped and is no longer in existence. Needless to say he is bummed out. I have never built a ship model but decided if i could find this ship or another model of the same type i could make it for him to cheer him up. Problem is I DONT KNOW ANYTHING about model ships or about finding it. Does anybody have any ideas?
i found a CV-31 version but it is not the same, something about the flight deck he said.

My supplier still has it listed, I can shoot them an e-mail to see if they actually do have it in stock. Kit would be $50CDN plus shipping to wherever you are (and taxes if you are in Canada)

If you go the Revell route, remember that the same kit was boxed as several of the Essexes after the modifications. There's the boxing as the Bonhomme Richard (see the link in reddevildemo's post), but also as the Oriskany, the Wasp, the Hornet, and as the Essex herself, post-modernization. So, there may be more than one auction up at any given time.

The kit shows its age, but it can be made into a decent model with some of the aftermarket stuff that's available today.

Latest posts

Back