Hello From Western Mass

Scarpad

I Just found this great site seems like a nice laidback site and the content is top notch. I got back as a teenage model builder with a closet full of plastic that I have'nt done much with in years. I'm now 48 years old and am interested in getting back into the hobby. My wife of 23 years reecently lost her 2 year battle with cancer. it's been rough year since. I'm thinking of trying to jump back into modeling to at least give me something to do and some outlet. I was mostly a Space/Trek modeler and have many scifi kits brand new awaiting. But I'm also looking to get into something outside my comfort zone and trying my hand at maybe auto/figure building as well. I never had a workshop and still don't although at some point I'd like to. I was never a master builder/painter so I'll be interested in any tips anyone can give into jumping back in after 20 years.

Glad you found us Scarpad! Sorry to hear about your wife, terrible loss.

I just got back into the hobby this year after a couple year hiatus ... Enjoying every second of it. Jump in with both feet the waters fine.

Welcome Back Brother !! I'm extremely Sorry for your Loss !

You nailed it. This site is Bustin' at th seams with Coolness & Quality Builds !!

We're ALL here for th same reasons ! Every one's free with Knowledge & Humor !!

I'm lookin froward to seeing some of your Builds in th Future !!

Hello and Welcome!!

If you want a good place to start, try YouTube. There are a lot of builders out there who post videos and show you how to build things. I don't know how many on this forum do, but here are a couple:

Scott with this forum
I do, YouTube name is bad.grendels

For the rest, I will post their YouTube name if it is different from their forum name
Quaralane
RocketSilo just started up with vidoes
13aceofspades13 on YouTube he is angryace13
AKE is Thepaintingclinic
Dreamknight is smconsortium

I know that there are others, I just didn't think of them off the top of my head. If I missed you, please post your YouTube name.

For a couple that don't come to this forum:

Modelmantom He hasn't put up a video in a while, but there is some good stuff in his older videos
Facemodels He is doing a beginners series on tools.

There are many others out there, you will find them from the above list pretty quickly

Hey there Scarpad,
Welcome to the Herd. So sorry about your wife. Hope you are OK. This place is full of really great guys who love sharing their ideas, knowledge and experience. Just ask and ye shall receive. Looking forward to seeing you build some nice WWII planes. ;)
cheers,
FW190

Welcome Scarpad - so about your wife too.

Thanks for registering. Looking forward to seeing you around.

Grendels said:
Hello and Welcome!!

If you want a good place to start, try YouTube. There are a lot of builders out there who post videos and show you how to build things. I don't know how many on this forum do, but here are a couple:

Scott with this forum
I do, YouTube name is bad.grendels

For the rest, I will post their YouTube name if it is different from their forum name
Quaralane
RocketSilo just started up with vidoes
13aceofspades13 on YouTube he is angryace13
AKE is Thepaintingclinic
Dreamknight is smconsortium

I know that there are others, I just didn't think of them off the top of my head. If I missed you, please post your YouTube name.

For a couple that don't come to this forum:

Modelmantom He hasn't put up a video in a while, but there is some good stuff in his older videos
Facemodels He is doing a beginners series on tools.

There are many others out there, you will find them from the above list pretty quickly

There's another one I seem to recall, but his name currently escapes me at the moment.

;)

Welcome to the herd scarpad, I hail from south eastern MA, just outside the RI border.

Welcome aboard, i'm sure you'll find what you're looking for here.
And if you don't, just ask the questions ;)

Latest posts

Back