Hello from south Arkansas!

TN Vols Fan

Hello everyone! My name is Steve, huge TN Volunteer football fan. I'm 63, retired from a law enforcement career in 2013. I started building in the 60's and continued until the early 90's. I've always built cars and trucks. I also raced real stock cars and fished. Had to give up something, so I chose models.
Later on I gave up racing when costs got so crazy. Racing plus travel two to three days a week wasn't cheap. I still fish a lot. To be honest, it's what lead me here. I'm a member at Bass Resource along with "Btrekker". I returned to modeling Christmas 2021 when my great mother in law bought me a short track race car model as a gift. Been building off and on since. I pretty much stick to short track racing with some old NASCAR stuff thrown in. I hope to learn from all of you and share what I've learned and remember. I'm not great when it comes to attaching pictures. Assuming it works, this is a picture of my first model.IMG_20220318_095900999.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220318_095825478.jpg
    IMG_20220318_095825478.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 3
Hello everyone! My name is Steve, huge TN Volunteer football fan. I'm 63, retired from a law enforcement career in 2013. I started building in the 60's and continued until the early 90's. I've always built cars and trucks. I also raced real stock cars and fished. Had to give up something, so I chose models.
Later on I gave up racing when costs got so crazy. Racing plus travel two to three days a week wasn't cheap. I still fish a lot. To be honest, it's what lead me here. I'm a member at Bass Resource along with "Btrekker". I returned to modeling Christmas 2021 when my great mother in law bought me a short track race car model as a gift. Been building off and on since. I pretty much stick to short track racing with some old NASCAR stuff thrown in. I hope to learn from all of you and share what I've learned and remember. I'm not great when it comes to attaching pictures. Assuming it works, this is a picture of my first model.View attachment 96622
Hello and welcome.
Pantherman

Welcome to the Herd, Volunteer! That's a nice first build! I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Best regards,
Brad
(Go Penn State! :D )

Later on I gave up racing when costs got so crazy. Racing plus travel two to three days a week wasn't cheap. I still fish a lot. To be honest, it's what lead me here. I'm a member at Bass Resource along with "Btrekker". I returned to modeling Christmas 2021 when my great mother in law bought me a short track race car model as a gift. Been building off and on since. I pretty much stick to short track racing with some old NASCAR stuff thrown in. I hope to learn from all of you and share what I've learned and remember. I'm not great when it comes to attaching pictures. Assuming it works, this is a picture of my first model.View attachment 96622
Welcome to the Ward for modellers who sometimes make us all look up and go..... WOW

Latest posts

Back