Hello from Northern WI.

thorpedo66

Hi everyone, would like to introduce myself. My name is Scott, 30 yrs old from northern WI. Getting back into the hobby after about 12 yrs. First got into the hobby from my dad and to uncles that were avid model car builders.

Little story behind getting back into it. My Gf was looking for a valentines gift for our 8 yr old boy. She was at the local hobby shop and called me to ask what to get him. I told her to grab him a snap together model. When she arrived home she presented me with a Steve Kinser Revel sprint car kit. I started youtubing model cars and found a bunch of videos and eventually found my way here. I had her pick me up some essentials to start off with. I remembered a kit I had started before I quit the hobby. Its a polar lights Big John funny car. I had almost everything painted and started putting it together. (I'll post some pics soon). Anyway the boy loved the model and
had it put together in a few hrs. She took him a few days later back to the hobby shop so he could pick up another one. Looking forward to sharing this hobby with him as the way my dad did with me.

Anyway, love the community here and am looking forward to be part of it. I'm once again hooked with this hobby. Been looking into airbrush kits and building a work station in my man cave. I have subscribed to the magazine, also bought both of DR. Crankys books. Thanks for reading my rambling.

Scott.

Welcome aboard, Scott.

Wait...that makes, like, at least three of you around here.

Welcome!!!!! Badgers fan huh ? Nittany Lion here ha ha. From PA. You mentioned the Steve Kinser model ? Is it the new Bass Pro Shop model ? I have that in my stash to build soon. Im a huge sprint car well racing period fan. Love Sprint car racing though as I live in the sprint car racing mecca of the world. Central PA the home of the PA posse ha ha ha.

Yep lol big badger fan but also a big chicago bears fan(hate the Packers:) Feel bad about all the stuff you guys are dealing with though. Always had much respect in Joe pa as a coach. I really don't no what to make about it.

Anyway, yes its the bass pro shop model. Have you opened it yet? I found a few things weird. The top wing is chrome which is suppose to be painted black and red. In the directions it says that the fuel cell is suppose to be gloss white when actually it should be red. The last thing is the numbers on the top wing should be red but are white on the decals. It even shows on the side of the box the finished model and there red on there. Its not that big of a deal because they should be simple fixes. I just thought it was kinda weird.

I'm a big race fan too, especially dirt track racing. My grandfather, dad, and uncle all race on dirt. I was over at my parents tonight showing my dad some modeling site and youtube videos and he reminded me that we had started some scratch built late models. I'm planning on going over there and digging threw all of our boxes of models. I remembered that he had also built some modifieds out of some mustang kits back when they still ran car bodies.

Latest posts

Back