Hello from Hillbilly land

Jim62

Hey all I just got here a few days ago and am enjoying the forum, and am looking for others I can enjoy as well, since I live pretty isolated from any type of model clubs or even any LHS. So, this will have to serve as my modeling social world for now. I am the typical 50 something that got back into this hobby going on three years now. I build 1/48th aircraft currently WWII. I built a lot of models as a kid, but seem to be enjoying it even more as an adult and look forward to keeping it going as long as my finger dexterity and eyesight will allow. I thought I should at least share a build photo. It's the Academy SBD5 Battle of the Philipinne Sea kit. I typically don't do a lot of heavy weathering and this kit has near to none. I did it on a few and liked it at first but when I look back at them I just say why did I do that. But that's just my work, I thoroughly enjoy seeing well weathered models, just not mine that I do. Maybe it's just for me my old school less is more takes over. LOL

Attachments

• IMG_0505.JPG
    IMG_0505.JPG
    788.5 KB · Views: 7
Hey all I just got here a few days ago and am enjoying the forum, and am looking for others I can enjoy as well, since I live pretty isolated from any type of model clubs or even any LHS. So, this will have to serve as my modeling social world for now. I am the typical 50 something that got back into this hobby going on three years now. I build 1/48th aircraft currently WWII. I built a lot of models as a kid, but seem to be enjoying it even more as an adult and look forward to keeping it going as long as my finger dexterity and eyesight will allow. I thought I should at least share a build photo. It's the Academy SBD5 Battle of the Philipinne Sea kit. I typically don't do a lot of heavy weathering and this kit has near to none. I did it on a few and liked it at first but when I look back at them I just say why did I do that. But that's just my work, I thoroughly enjoy seeing well weathered models, just not mine that I do. Maybe it's just for me my old school less is more takes over. LOL
Doesn't matter how, why, or what you build...as long as yer havin fun doin it...! Nice plane Jim62. In our workshop club MMB, we only have 2 rules...1, It's my model and I'll build it how I want. 2. If you critique my model build and see fit to say something's not right...refer to rule #1...! keep buildin man, most fun you can have during the lockdown.

Latest posts

Back