Hej from Sweden

Baxtrom

Hi there,
My name is Daniel, I live in Sweden and I’m a father of three wild kids 3-9. I’m working as a structural engineer, and am occasionally cementing tiny pieces of plastic together. I like armour, specifically ww2 and older, and because the price tag of 1/35 scale models hurts right in the wallet I often end up with 1/72 . I use inexpensive artist’s oil paints mixed with thinner in my airbrush, and I am generally happy with how it works out. Below is my last attempt at scale model building, an Sd Kfz 265 Panzerbefehlswagen from Italeri in 1/72. Now I’m just confused where in the mild chaos of our house that the decals have ended up…

Best,
Daniel

16C590DE-2B6D-431B-AB69-9272E72784FB.jpeg

Hi there,
My name is Daniel, I live in Sweden and I’m a father of three wild kids 3-9. I’m working as a structural engineer, and am occasionally cementing tiny pieces of plastic together. I like armour, specifically ww2 and older, and because the price tag of 1/35 scale models hurts right in the wallet I often end up with 1/72 . I use inexpensive artist’s oil paints mixed with thinner in my airbrush, and I am generally happy with how it works out. Below is my last attempt at scale model building, an Sd Kfz 265 Panzerbefehlswagen from Italeri in 1/72. Now I’m just confused where in the mild chaos of our house that the decals have ended up…

Best,
Daniel

View attachment 97200
Hi and welcome. I am a Tamiya fan and stick to 1/35 german armour as a rule.
Loads of help and advice, lot's of cheats also to help with the budget.
Pantherman

Hi and welcome. I am a Tamiya fan and stick to 1/35 german armour as a rule.
Loads of help and advice, lot's of cheats also to help with the budget.
Pantherman

Thanks! Regarding kampfpanzer “Panther” I did an attempt at building the Cologne duel Panther last year, in 1/72… if peering from a distance it looks good

For some reason I have a bit of a soft spot for French armour myself, like the Somuas, Renaults and Hotchkisses of ww2. It’s something about their quirky curves that I enjoy

Welcome to the hobby, Daniel, and welcome to the Herd!

Yeah, missing decals, parts, tools-I think each of us has been there at one time or another. I look forward to see that command panzer finished, and to your future builds!

Best regards,
Brad

Welcome to the hobby, Daniel, and welcome to the Herd!

Yeah, missing decals, parts, tools-I think each of us has been there at one time or another. I look forward to see that command panzer finished, and to your future builds!

Best regards,
Brad
Thank you Brad,
Luckily my wife found the decals :)

Best
Daniel

Latest posts

Back