Heavy equipement

zappa

Hi guys,
Are there any injection moulded manufacturers that offer heavy equipment?
Until now all I have found is modellers detailing and weathering die cast models.

Wouldn't there be a market for those subjects, with the weathering involved. I think
those machines would be great for dioramas too.

Zappa

Hasn't been anything for awhile. AMT had a bunch but have been long out of production.

Meng 1/35 D9R

Mirror Models have a couple of D7s coming, as well Miniart says they also have a D7 on the way, all 1/35 however.

I hear ya. I am a heavy equipment operator and would love to see kits of the stuff I work with.

I think there would be a market for it, imagine the kits only.
And then all the after market stuff one could produce...
O well I'll keep on dreaming :p

Zappa

Yes, no doubt there would be a market for it, however, with all of that comes licensing to the respective companies that the kits represent. And sometimes those licenses are far too costly for model manufacturers to make the investment in tooling to make a reasonable profit for their troubles.

Cold and sad truth to the modeling market unfortunately!

Well, I didnt think/know about that.
That makes sense why there are almost no plastic kits, and why some of these die-cast models cost $100 plus.

Zappa

Yup, think about it, ever been into a John Deere store? Seen the price of their promotion stuff like cheap quality diecast tractors that aren't exactly cheap? That's why, the licensing costs so much.

I have even heard rumors (and at this point it is just a rumor) that the Meng D9R is now out of production, because Caterpillar cancelled their licensing agreement with Meng for some reason.

I don't know how much truth there is to that, but I have 4 suppliers that stock Meng kits, 1 is showing it out of stock, the other 3 don't even have the kit listed anymore.

Latest posts

Back