Hasta La Vista

Mac

An E-Bay find that I had to have. . .my wife has since knocked it off the desk, twice.
MVC-912S.jpg

But I gotta put lights in it someday anyway. . .

I love the original endoskeleton. A very great piece of sci-fi design. Your kit is nicely build, but I always have a problem with the color on these. I'd love mine to be chrome, but how is that possible?

As I said I got it on E-bay for $25. Price on the box read $19.99.
I used Testor's Metalics, Aluminum, Titanium, and Burnt metal over the bare vinyl.
For a chrome look you could use Alcad.
I have had good luck with that over a gloss black enamel coat.
BTW, the gun was stolen from my sons stash of GI Joe stuff, the full size Joe's not the 6 inch action figures.
Included in the box is a thin stand that supports the figure upright, but it is tippy, which is why my wife knocks it over. . .or it scares her, I am not sure. ;D

elend said:
I love the original endoskeleton. A very great piece of sci-fi design. Your kit is nicely build, but I always have a problem with the color on these. I'd love mine to be chrome, but how is that possible?

Look for Alclad laquers, they are well know for having very good metallic paints, they do have a chrome in thier lineup. You need to airbrush a gloss black to use as a primer, then the Alclad.

Latest posts

Back