Hasegawa F-14A

letsgobrowns82

Well my M1070 is winding down and I am doing a couple nascar kits but I will just throw those up with finished pics. Anyways I am attempting to do a "super detailed" F-14. I going to be working on this kit until the spring contest and then its going to have to sit for a while. Here is the kit and the upgrades I purchased for it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Haha... I hope this kit doesn't make the rest of my hair fall out Adam. I don't have that much left. Wow does this need a ton of surgery to get all these different a.m. parts to mesh and fit together. This was time consuming and stressful to say the least. also the verlinden super detail set didn't include the wire to make the gun barrels. Fortunately I had some and was able to start fitting it together and it seems to be working.

Man, talk about an everything on it build. Cool.

I'll be following along.

Yes my favorite Aircraft ! looking good so far !

I`m going to do this to my Hasegawa F-14D or the Hobby Boss F-14 so this will be very interesting to follow

Many pictures please ;D

Wow, that's a lot of aftermarket parts. I've got an 1/48 Academy F-14 in my stash, so I will be following this build. Best of luck with it.

Well I haven't had a lot of time at the bench after putting my truck in the ditch on Monday but I have managed to get some work done today. Fitting all the parts in here is kind of like doing a rubics cube but its starting to come along. They definitely did not intend for all these a.m. parts to work together with one another so I have some putty work to do now before I seal the two halves together. Thanks for looking!

Wow, I didn't think that I would ever get these two halves together. I had to take my dremel and make everything paper thin to get it to squeeze together. Progress should pick up on this now as I would hope that was the hardest part of the build process. Thanks for looking.

Mav you can't use tomato juice as a fuel, can you? :-\
LGBs the AM alone adds a ton of dimension and obvious depth. Looks awesome just sitting there with the shiny parts.

Glorfindel said:
Mav you can't use tomato juice as a fuel, can you? :-\
LGBs the AM alone adds a ton of dimension and obvious depth. Looks awesome just sitting there with the shiny parts.
Thanks Glorfindel... this build is going to be a challenge for sure!

Well I started on the intakes... getting them sprayed white and also working on getting the a.m. wheel bays put in. Now I have done some research and I guess you really have to shave everything down if you want the wings to still operate back and forth. Once I am ready to join the two halves I will see if more trimming needs done because I would like for the wings to be operational. Thanks for looking!!

Latest posts

Back