Hasegawa 48 scale Draken

It's been almost a month since posting anything. The weather didn't help. To muggy and damp to paint. Nice cool weather is here and I put some paint on the Draken. My way of painting if I want to have the plane look used is to add some black to the base color and put a coat of paint on all over. Then I take the base color and paint in the panels. This way if I screw up or run out of paint I won't have to try to get the right ratio. Then I give a light spray to blend it all together. So here is the bottom and top of the Draken. I am liking the Talon paint even more. The tape was on for almost a month and nothing peeled.

All comments are welcome.

paint5a.jpg

paint2a.jpg

I am inspired for sure. I have the same kit and we're having a 1 month strict OOB group build at the Halifax Military Modelers Group. I may have to root about my stash and find it.
I love your work dude!

Nice panel shading...looks very uniformly non-uniform.
:)
Really looks good.

I have all the decals put on. Here is how it looks now. I have to put another gloss coat over the decals then I can do a wash.

decal2a.jpg

decal1a.jpg

decal3a.jpg

Wow that day-glow orange is something else. ;D

Looks good.

I put a wash on the Draken then gave it a semi-gloss finish. I don't have much luck with flat finishes so most of my models have a semi-gloss coat. Most planes don't have a true flat coat anyway.

wash1a.jpg

wash3.jpg

wash4a.jpg

wash2a.jpg

Latest posts

Back