Hasegawa 48 scale Draken

WayneBt

I have wanted to build a Draken for a long time. I was able to get this kit from the door prize table at CAMS a few years ago. I have the Aires cockpit set for it as well as the Quickboost IR chin pod. I am going to do it up in the grey scheme with the day-glo numbers.

Here a few pics to start off with.

mandatory box shot
drakenbox.jpg
here is what I have to cut to get the Aires cockpit set in.
drakenpit2.jpg
unpainted cockpit set
drakenpit1.jpg

Here are a couple of shots after some painting. I haven't done the wash yet. It is painted with Model Master acrylic paints.

drakenpit3.jpg

drakenpit4.jpg

Well the cockpit is painted and washed. The instrument panel is done also but I will post a pic of that later.

drakenpit5.jpg

drakenpit6.jpg

Well its about time you get that started. :p

Seriously though, great work. You should really do a how to article on how to paint up cockpits, that is really nice.

Great work Wayne! I'm not too familiar with the Draken,but yours is lookin pretty sweet!

With summer here I really haven't had time to do much. I have the plane together. I was able to paint part of the bottom of the Draken. The center belly of the Draken is natural metal. I am using a paint called Talon. It is the acrylic version of SNJ paint. BEAUTIFUL paint. An hour after the first color dried I was able to put tape on it to mask for another color of the Talon. To break up the aluminum I painted a couple of panels a dark aluminum. The pictures don't do the NMF justice. The pictures are the greatest either.

All comments are welcome.

draken2.jpg

draken1.jpg

draken3.jpg

Looks like it's coming out great. Your workbench looks like mine right now...chaos.

Latest posts

Back