Hasegawa 1/48th P-39 Airacobra

Jim62

Hobbylinc is now showing this kit discontinued, so I'm glad I picked it up when I did. It's a representation from the 54th fighter group Alaska, the Aleutian Campaign. Other than the paint scheme it is OOB. I opted to close it up, which did present a bit of a fit challenge with the doors, but it works for me anyway. I painted it with Tamiya paints and only used one decal which is just a set of kill markings, which don't belong but I just felt like throwing them on for the look. I actually finished this last year but finally got around to putting it on a base yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_0712.JPG
    IMG_0712.JPG
    740.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0713.JPG
    IMG_0713.JPG
    630.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0708.JPG
    IMG_0708.JPG
    648.3 KB · Views: 16
Hobbylinc is now showing this kit discontinued, so I'm glad I picked it up when I did. It's a representation from the 54th fighter group Alaska, the Aleutian Campaign. Other than the paint scheme it is OOB. I opted to close it up, which did present a bit of a fit challenge with the doors, but it works for me anyway. I painted it with Tamiya paints and only used one decal which is just a set of kill markings, which don't belong but I just felt like throwing them on for the look. I actually finished this last year but finally got around to putting it on a base yesterday.
Very nice. I have been interested in a P-39 with USA decals

Latest posts

Back