Hasegawa 1/48 P-47D Escuadron 201

blunce

Eyeballs deep in muddy waters...
Hope this is in the right place, as most of the posts here seem to be WIPs. Anyhow, new 'round here so thought I'd show my latest completion.

El Escuadrón 201 was a Mexican fighter squadron, part of the Fuerza Aérea Expedicionaria Mexicana (FAEM — "Mexican Expeditionary Air Force") that aided the Allied war effort during World War II.The squadron was attached to the 58th Fighter Group of the United States Army Air Forces during the liberation of the main Philippine island of Luzon in the summer of 1945. Aircraft No. 18 was the only Escuadron 201 aircraft known to have carried the nose "petal" design in combat.

I found this particular scheme quite interesting since it has both US and Mexican markings on the same plane. Finished in Alclad, started as an experiment to see how I liked spraying Future over the top of Alclad, as I had always been against it. I like the way it came out even with the Future on it. All pseudo invasion stripes were painted on as opposed to using the provide decals as is the red outline of the white nose petal. Built OOB with the addition of Tamiya tape belts and foil buckles in order to qualify for IPMS OOB category.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

010.jpg

nice jug ya got there?

you know what would be a good joke, if someone posted, "a nice set of jugs." then as you open the thread a pair of 1/48th scale thunderbolt shows LOL! :D

Latest posts

Back