Hasegawa 1/48 F-4 Phantom

Great looking Phantom!!!
That cockpit turned out great!
Bummer about all those panel lines. I'm a dymo tape fan myself. Stuff works brilliantly. I just put it next to the raised line, scribe it in and sand off the old. Real quick and easy.

hey looks good! for the exhaust, you said you used boltgun metal, did you spray it or hand brush, if you sprayed what did you thin it with?

amateurmodeler said:
hey looks good! for the exhaust, you said you used boltgun metal, did you spray it or hand brush, if you sprayed what did you thin it with?

hey thanks, I sprayed it and thinned with 70% IPA (alcohol) 40 paint/60 thinner. Citidel metalics go a long way.

Elm City Hobbies said:
I don't know if the G is based on the kit you are doing or not, likely is, but I don't recall the raised panel lines....might have to have a look at it again!!

Yours looks great though!! Ton of work rescribing all of those!!

Hasy uses a bunch of different tooling to do its Phantoms. I believe the C/D is one of the earlier versions produced that is why it has raised panel lines. The 2 that I have built (F-4J nad RF-4E) both had recessed panel lines as does the F-4F I have in the stash. Some kits even have a mix of raised and recessed lines.

That is one sweet looking Phantom btw, awesome work rescribing and with the airbrush.

Stunning wingy thing building, I tried this plane building lark but it didn't like me, but never say never eh ;D

Nice Phantom you got there! Anyways, what were the black lines after your coat of Sky Grey on the aircraft? Is it to see the panel lines after the paint? Thanks alot appreciate it if you give a instructions on how to do it! ;D

Latest posts

Back